Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grocery Store Yarns: Oh Sure You Didn't Know..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Store Yarns: Oh Sure You Didn't Know..

That you couldn't pay for hot deli item on an ebt card. This after you had already ate it while shopping. But then when I tell you that ebt won't pay for it you go and say that you have no cash. ? But yet you swear up and down that you had no idea and didn't know so therefore you shouldn't get into any trouble. After all nobody told you anything. ?

Yeah....I believe you
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

I sense a....shoplifting charge coming someone's way...
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
      I sense a....shoplifting charge coming someone's way...
      If only.... I called my supervisor over and the SC basically that she didn't know..So nothing was done.. Yes she got away with stealing by feigning ignorance

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Makes me wonder how often she's done this before...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We had this happen at my grocery store a few months back. We called the assistant manager over and he told the guy something along the lines of "I have the right to charge you with petty theft, assess you a huge fine, and trespass you from this store for life, but I don't have time to do that much paperwork right now and I doubt you can afford to pay the fine anyway, so just get out now and don't ever come back."

Really, the guy was lucky that our actual LP team had already gone home for the night - they're not as forgiving.

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
            If only.... I called my supervisor over and the SC basically that she didn't know..So nothing was done.. Yes she got away with stealing by feigning ignorance
            That is crap! She should have been charged or banned! And isn't eating in a store before you've paid for it a big no-no anyway?

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Makes me wonder how often she's done this before...
            I gotta go with this, she's learned the 'crying game' and 'I didn't know' works!

Comment

My mom will sometimes open the Pringles she's taken of the shelf, but that's because if she gets hungry and doesn't eat, she can pass out. AND she always pays for the partially consumed tube!

This woman on the other hand...

Comment

It's one thing to have a few potato chips or cookies or whatever while you're shopping...IF you fully intend to pay at the end. For deli/prepared food items, you should have to pay first.

Comment

Oh I do believe it was bullshit that she got by with it.. When I was on EBT if I didn't know or wasn't sure if a certain item was covered. I waited until I got up to the register to check instead of just eating the damn thing..

Plus 9 times out of 10 people that are sincere about paying will hand you the empty pkg first saying they already ate it and make sure it rings up.. This lady never said one word and her empty pkg was on the bottom of all her other groceries... That's why I call bullshit on her little story.. Just too bad I couldn't actually say it to her

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Any chance a permanban will come her way? She sure as hell deserves one!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                      Any chance a permanban will come her way? She sure as hell deserves one!
                      I wish I knew. I hadn't seen her since that. Plus I'm no longer working there. One thing for sure she can't do her bullshit again

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

They know they're not allowed to buy hot food with an EBT card (I am told, however, that there are exceptions to this rule, which IN SOME CASES actually allows the use of EBT cards in places like Wendy's or McDonald's!). It's part of the shit you have to sign when you apply for welfare assistance. But, as is too often the case, there are people who don't concern themselves with rules. As a younger man, I delivered pizza for a living, and I've had guys offer me food stamps (the actual old-school paper vouchers) as payment - only to get seriously pissed off when I told them no. One guy actually tried to bribe me with a whole booklet of those food stamps, which amounted to something like $47 - for a $13 pizza. Told him he could pony up $13 cash or I'd blacklist his ass AND report him for welfare fraud. He paid cash, but I ended up blacklisting him anyway. I felt no guilt over it, either.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                          And isn't eating in a store before you've paid for it a big no-no anyway?
                          What difference does that make to an SC?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You'd be surprised at how often people believe they can get hot items on EBT. Whenever I help the food place in the Warehouse out, there are a bunch of people that try to use EBT on their lunch. Yea, sure, there's a few items that qualifies for EBT but they aren't the 'hot' variety. Cue a bunch of fussing over it and they hand the food back, of which I have to, sadly, tell them to throw the food away because I can't take it back over the counter to sell it. Health reasons and all that.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                              They know they're not allowed to buy hot food with an EBT card (I am told, however, that there are exceptions to this rule, which IN SOME CASES actually allows the use of EBT cards in places like Wendy's or McDonald's!). It's part of the shit you have to sign when you apply for welfare assistance. But, as is too often the case, there are people who don't concern themselves with rules. As a younger man, I delivered pizza for a living, and I've had guys offer me food stamps (the actual old-school paper vouchers) as payment - only to get seriously pissed off when I told them no. One guy actually tried to bribe me with a whole booklet of those food stamps, which amounted to something like $47 - for a $13 pizza. Told him he could pony up $13 cash or I'd blacklist his ass AND report him for welfare fraud. He paid cash, but I ended up blacklisting him anyway. I felt no guilt over it, either.
                              There's at least one state that allows restaurants to take only certain people's EBT cards. The EBT card owner has to be pre-approved for use in such places, and can only use them at places that take them. This is intended for people who are disabled enough that they can't prepare food on their own. I know that several pizza delivery places take EBT in that state, but I'm not sure who else.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X