Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a rare bathroom that is nastier than the rot and bacterial/fungal overgrowth beneath the fupas that every. single. patient. has. And most of the really bad dementia cases aren't mobile enough to shuffle and fall their way to voldemart. So yeah, I can totally see going for a food service job even before you factor in the really terrible stuff.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Fast food better than nursing.

What kind of nightmares has she endured to get to THAT point?
      I know an emergency room nurse in Kansas City. I will say only this...

Do not ask questions, that you are not prepared to be answered. What I mean is that the horror stories I heard would make most normal people very sick. I swear, the nurses stories in "sickbay", I promise you they are not telling the worst ones, and they won't (not here anyways) because only trained professionals should hear those stories and counsel the Nurses and Doctors who need counseling.

Some nursing is not that bad though, if you are strong enough to deal with the illness, death, tragedy, and new hope you see every day
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
        It is a rare bathroom that is nastier than the rot and bacterial/fungal overgrowth beneath the fupas that every. single. patient. has.
        Intertrigo (that overgrowth) can often be managed with moisture barrier creams as a preventative, and betadine (for bacterial) or clotrimazole ointment (for fungal) curatives.

Nappy (diaper) rash ointments are often-but-not-always moisture barrier creams, and my pharmacist has a couple of options that are stronger than the nappy rash ointments he sells.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X