This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the customer who....

showed up at the swamp 15 minutes before we closed tonight, purchased a crib in a rather long box, rolled up in a Chevy Cavalier and made the two guys who carried it out stand around after close while you tossed junk out of the back seat and fiddled around with the seats in a futile effort to make the thing fit:

Seriously, there should be a special level of hell for people like this. I have no problem with last-minute shoppers as long as they're only planning to buy one or a very few things and know where to find those things. But when you buy something that somebody else has to shclep to your vehicle and make them stand around and wallow in your inconsideration and shitty planning....yeah, I know they're still being paid for their time but they just wanna go home, dammit.

Shit, I bet those two guys are still at the swamp as I type this, now having to open the box and put the individual crib pieces in the car.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

My personal favorite was the lady that bought 4 three cubic-foot bales of peat moss and was driving a Pinto.

We got them in, but she may have needed a shovel to get them out.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
      she may have needed a shovel to get them out.
      I'd have paid to see that.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

So would I!

Comment

I have lost track of how many times someone has purchased a large item (furniture, exercise equipment, appliances, etc.) and they come to pick it up in a small four-door sedan. SO.MANY.TIMES. Really? You really believe that dining table, five chairs and your children are all going to fit?

Comment

I once sold a 32" old-style tube TV on Craigslist (the thing was probably more than 24" deep and easily weighed 175 pounds)...

The guy showed up in a 2-door Honda.

Not only did it take the two of us 20 minutes to get it into his car, he had to roll down his passenger window to close the door. In the winter. With a 30+ mile drive back home.

I kind of felt bad for the guy at the time, but ultimately figured that he deserved it for his poor planning. I honestly can't imagine that he was ever able to get the thing out of the car, considering its bulk/weight and being wedged in there like that...so I guess we sort of Pimped His Ride
            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

My personal favorite was the lady that bought 4 three cubic-foot bales of peat moss and was driving a Pinto.
              A load of peat moss in a car that was essentially fertilizer.

Comment

We got them in, but she may have needed a shovel to get them out.
                It's a pinto. Lift the tail(gate) and the fertilizer'll fall right out.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The late husband and I went to the chain hardware store to buy an electric water heater. We used the cart to get it out to the car...and it didn't fit into a Civic sedan trunk, even with the seats folded down.
                  Poor late husband went back into the store, purchased a utility knife, and cut away the cardboard box.

If your shift the front seats all the way forward, you can just shoehorn it into the back seat.

Comment

In my wally world days had someone who wanted us to wrap a huge teampolie box, like 4x4x2 and probably 100+ lbs to the roof of their car, we refused,gave them string and said we were not risking damaging it

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                      A load of peat moss in a car that was essentially fertilizer.
                      And would go boom if someone rear-ended it.

She could have just left the peat moss in the car, thrown some dirt into the mix, and made one heckuva cool planter out of it.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My wife had some artwork framed at the chain with only a first name. It was too big for her old Toyota Corolla. Good thing I had a pickup.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I was still driving my Impala when I bought my first big flat panel TV. 47 inch, IIRC.

Now, the Impala is not a particularly small car. On the other hand it's also not a particularly large car. Theoretically the damn thing should've fit.

If only the seats folded down.

I had to have the store hold the TV for me while I went back home to retrieve my dad's much smaller car...with folding seats. Getting the TV into it was a breeze.
                          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

We were able to fit a Sears dryer (in box) into the back of a Geo Storm. I do have a picture of that feat, but it was from the pre-digital days and I haven't scanned it.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                              I was still driving my Impala when I bought my first big flat panel TV. 47 inch, IIRC.

Now, the Impala is not a particularly small car. On the other hand it's also not a particularly large car. Theoretically the damn thing should've fit.

If only the seats folded down.

I had to have the store hold the TV for me while I went back home to retrieve my dad's much smaller car...with folding seats. Getting the TV into it was a breeze.
                              I fit a 42" flat TV into the back of a 4-door Olds Alero (a sister to the Impala same basic car size and dimensions) without folding the read seat down but had to put the stand (with glass shelves) tied to the roof.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X