This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not good enough for you?

About a month ago, I get a call from head cheese that someone needs a new laptop. New hire? No, someone who had their personal laptop stolen (should have been a clue there) and now wants company laptop. I don't have any and this close to end of year it is used only at corp. So go through the usual chain and start getting emails about "why is this taking so long" copying the president. Uh, don't lose your laptop is my thought. Stupid does not equal my problem.

So one is rushed out to make them "happy." I hear today (month later) that the one that was shipped was not in good shape and the user bought another personal one due to its condition. Ok, we need units still for others so I email user to have it shipped back.

SU: But I need a laptop for presentations all the time. How will I function without a laptop?
    Me: I was told you bought one due to the condition of the company one.
    SU: Oh, I did and use it for work and personal. (Story of stolen one) and when the company unit arrived I was dissapointed in the screen size and not being able to access all my personal items (company unit mind you) and don't understand why an acception can't be made, blah, I don't want to take my personal unit in the field blah so I want to keep this one.

Me:

If you just want to complain about not getting everything your way call Burger Kind you prima donna. "But, it isn't shiny and expensive to show my importance. Wah."

No policy about files etc. from work being installed on a personal machine? I hope nothing sensitive was on the stolen laptop.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Wow, 2 laptops? I suppose one could be strictly personal and one professional, but it sounds like she wasn't doing that anyway. I can understand not wanting to use your own laptop for work, when you pay for it yourself, but I can't see how the screen size affects her ability to do her job.

I took an insurance claim once for a guy who had bought a new, top range Blackberry and a fancy hard shell clip-on-belt case for it, only to wear it to the beach on NYE, leave it with his clothes in a pile on the sand and go swimming for a few hours. Alone. (This is Australia, where 50% of the population goes to the beach to get drunk and party at that time of year, being summer). Surprise, surprise, it was gone when he emerged from the water.

Comment

Working...
      X