Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it's late, but I've got a big truck!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my God that was farkin HILARIOUS! I'm sitting here alone in my apartment laughing my rear end off, imagining what it had to have been like to be you.......

I'm so jealous that that never happened to me at the gas station. Many a customer would rev their engines or rip and tear out of the parking lot or attempt to burn rubber to show their displeasure of the store being closed. They'd take a look at me in the pitch black with only a night light on, see me shaking my head, and assume the position that this asshole in your story did.

I wished and wished for someone's enginge to blow, or for a cop to be nearby when they burned rubber and tore away.......

Lucky you!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Swordsman, you tell a great story. I read it about 5 minutes ago and I am still LMAO. I love it when A-hole customers, especially the "bad-ass" ones get pwned like that. This guy sounds like the type that picked on me in high school. That's why I'm in technology. To tell these alpha male a-holes their computer is gonna cost $700 to repair and will be gone for 6 months. But to see one get pwned by an inanimate object..... Priceless.

Great story, I love it!
      90% of the people complain because of the 10% that ruined your day........

Comment

Crap! Rule 1! Rule 1!

Thank you so much for brightening my day with that lovely tale of moron self-beatdown.
        "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

By any chance, do you have surveillance cameras looking out on the parking lot? If so, you could submit the tape to AFV. I can just imagine the voice-over they'd play as the video is being shown....

"Ah's gots the most souped-up truck in the county. Ah loves to rev it up and (BAM SPUTTER SPUTTER) O-kee Do-kee, ah's can fix anything, ah's can change 4 tires in 30 seconds, ah werks on my brother's pit ca-roo, ah'll jest step out and have a lookee here (TRIP SPLAT) Ah's meant to do that! Ah'll jest git up and---Dayamm, where's am ah? Ah fallen and Ah can't git up!"
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Awesome story Swordsman and welcome to CS!
            "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

I can't stop laughing...can't breath...must shut down browser before I die...
              Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Hmmmm.....instant Karma. Just add stupid! Great story.

Comment

RE: A horn blaring Dixie
                  Quoth DGoddess View Post
                  (Y)ou'd be surprised at how many guys actually think it's a chick magnet.
                  I thought it had to be accompanied by a Playboy bunny window decal and a bumper sticker saying something macho like "No Fat Chicks" to be given chick magnet status.

This guy probably thought it would stir up images of fierce, angry yahoos in robes and hoods attacking the store for not doing what he demanded.

What I love about the story is that the fool did all the damage to his face and truck all by himself.
                  "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                  .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                    I thought it had to be accompanied by a Playboy bunny window decal and a bumper sticker saying something macho like "No Fat Chicks" to be given chick magnet status.
                    LOL . . . even scarier would have been for this dope to have had a woman in the passenger's seat.

Could you imagine what kind of woman would find that kind of behavior impressive?
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"God is quick these days..."

Priceless.

@ protege, older EMDs are actually quite fond of engine mishaps if not properly cared for (which is why GE have the market now, becasue they don't need as much maintanance).
                      The following sites are quite good for illustrating that:
                      The first shows the inside of an SDP40F - can you imagine being in there while the engine is running?

http://atsf.railfan.net/cowls/krug1.htm

The second shows the results of a failed connecting rod in an SD40-2.

http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictal...12/p011012.htm
                      I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                        I couldn't have said it better myself!

Apparently with a little duct tape, he'll have his truck fixed up in no time . . . and its kinda funny to see that he has a farked up truck, but be damned sure it has a musical horn (aren't those kinda pricey anyway?) and KC lights.
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                          The expression implies that a piston rod somehow got detached from the crankshaft and flew out of the engine. For that to happen it would have to go through the piston and cylinder head or push the piston through the cylinder head. Can that happen?

Yes-yes it can-and it can be "thrown" down through the oilpan, hit the pavement, and come through the firewall into the passenger cabin of the vehicle. And for the record, it's very unnerving to hear the bang, see the hood move and then hear a 'chink' from the glove compartment when you are the passenger. More unnerving for the driver when you open the glove compartment and hand them the rod saying "I'm pretty sure you might need this"
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Catastrophic engine failure (Ricers are funny -- nothing like the look on their face when my stock van beats them in an impromptu race)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XI_gNQLmTM0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lzif078Pn2E
                            I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                            less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                              Don't forget the shiny stainless-steel silhouettes of naked ladies on the mudflaps, those really get women hawt.

BTW, I saw a young guy in a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off who had those identical silhouettes tattooed on the back of his upper arms... that's gonna look just smokin' when he's 55.

I really, really hope there is security-cam footage of this, as someone else said. It would be absolutely priceless... funniest story I've read in quite awhile.
                              Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                              TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

anyone curious, here's a link to what happens when a locomotive throws a rod: http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictal...12/p011012.htm

Krug doesn't update any more, but there are some interesting photo essays there.
                                Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                                X