Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it's late, but I've got a big truck!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a little kid and used to railfan Conrail hot spots in Western PA, you could tell a U-boat was headin' up the next consist pretty easy, look for the 3-story high column of smoke down around the bend, you could see that before you caught a glimpse of the locomotive.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Alcos can also spew out huge black clouds...which led to railfans calling them "honorary steam locomotives"

Diesel exhaust sucks. I've learned to be careful when on the bridge over the tracks in Grafton, WV. It's not so bad when locomotives stop near there...but if they're directly under the bridge, it's possible to get dizzy from the fumes!
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
        Don't forget the shiny stainless-steel silhouettes of naked ladies on the mudflaps, those really get women hawt.
        I always joke that I want to find silhouettes of males with giant erections to put on my car, just because those Freightliner girls piss me off.

Not that I'd actually do that....
        Last edited by Ree; 05-05-2007, 11:31 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Alcos can also spew out huge black clouds...which led to railfans calling them "honorary steam locomotives"
          And in Australia, they're still used in mainline service! We have good taste in locomotives - none of the SD70ACe stuff.

Diesel exhaust sucks. I've learned to be careful when on the bridge over the tracks in Grafton, WV. It's not so bad when locomotives stop near there...but if they're directly under the bridge, it's possible to get dizzy from the fumes!
          See now, I actually like diesel exhaust in limited quantities. Its like coffee to me.
          Not cool to be stuck in a cloud of it though.

Actually, that reminds me of when I was a steam tour through Brisbane, and we passed through Toowong station. This station was actually the ground floor or a building (similar to Box Hill in Melbourne), and when the loco whent through there were people on the platform doubled over coughing.
          I wasn't fairing to well on the end-platform of the carriage either. Took days to get the crap out of my hair.
          I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Nice one

Poor guy.
            ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
            Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
              I'm trying to imagine the rationale that would drive someone to believe that a horn blaring Dixie could possibly be taken as a sign of intimidation, and I just can't.

What can I say to that?

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              Gawd, a DIXIE horn? What a maroon. Everyone knows La Cucaracha is where its at.

Zzapp beat me to it. Ah, well.

Hey, I know!!!!!!!! A horn that blares out the beginning to Beethoven's Fifth.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oooo, a horn that plays old Will's 5th would be horrorshow!
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                X