This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rant!! (long.. sorry)

hey everyone this is my first post. I work overnight at a petrol station and last night i had a group of SCs.

About 2.30am a group of about 6 teenage boys come in, all dressed as 'homies' with bandannas and caps etc. Anyway one come up and asks for some cigarettes. He is very obviously underage so i ask for ID, surprise suprise h doesnt have any, but of course he buys his cigs here very week. Anyway this kid leaves pretty much straight away and another in the group follows him.

Then the otherkid who followed him comes back in..
    SC; Hey can i buy some cigarettes
    Me; Do u have ID
    SC;...no
    Me; then sorry i cant sell them to u
    SC; r u serious?? i buy my cigs here every week!!
    Me; ok, well i still cant sell them to u now, witout ID
    SC: lon rant about how he always buys his cigs here, does he really look underage?? who is watching me to know whether i sell to him, come on just give him a favour.
    This turned out at the end to just be a lonnnnnnnnnng whine
    by this stage all his friends have bought all their stuff
    Me; i am not selling u cigs without ID so unless u want to buy something else u have to leave
    SC; whines some more and buys a pie then leaves

then about 2 minutes later he comes back on his own..
    SC; i just wanted to see if u want to reconsider (um nope, no i dont)
    Me; No, if u dont have ID i'm not selling it to u
    SC; Look, i NEED these cigarettes these boys out there are expecting cigarettes
    ME; well now u've let me know hat u r buying them for someone else, i am definately no selling them to u.
    SC; No! i'm not buying for them i mean.. umm these other boys arond the corner
    Me; If u dont have ID i'm not selling to u, so i think its time u left
    SC; wait wait... just let this sink in for a bit..
    Me;.....
    SC;....
    Me;.....
    SC; now i've got boys over there *points in one direction* and boys over there *points in opposite direction* and they are gonna beat me up if i dont come back with cigs. Do u want me to get my head bashed in??
    Me; if u dont have ID u arent gettin cigarettes (broken record)
    Insert another long rant about his need to get cigarettes and me asking him to leave. when he finall goes to leave he says to me;
    "You look in the paper tomorrow and look for my picture! and whatever you have in ur head about my people is wrong!!" (he was a native australian)

The they trid to get a tow truck driver that came in to buy them cigarettes, who laughed at them and then refused.
    This whole thing proably took about 20 minutes

I wrote a note for the person working tonight about them so if they come back tonight they wont get any either.
    The thing that made me really angry about all this is when i went to my car in the morning they had smashed all this disgusting sausage roll/ pie crap over my car's windows.

Anyway sorry its really long!!

Why didn't you call the cops for them touching your car? And you could have called them about them going around without ID trying to buy cigarettes

Comment

I have to agree here . . . as soon as the guy started arguing on the second attempt, you should have picked up the phone and called the police and let them handle it. Much better than letting the situation egg on, so to speak.

Anyway, good first post and welcome. Hope you've got more to share, but since you mentioned you work at a gas station, I'm sure there's no shortage of intelligence to share.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

yeh i didnt realise they did something to my car until the end of the shift, which was hrs later.

I should've called the cops and i would if the same situation occured. I've only been there a couple of months so far and this is my first 'incident' so far. I just wanted him out more then anything.

Comment

Working...
        X