This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha Ha-larity.

I love work days where I feel like I'm stoned, and yet were I drug tested I would pass clean. I'm just in a good mood and everything is hilarious to me. I take hugs, not drugs.

Anyhow, these are the things that made me laugh, and perhaps they will make you chuckle as well:

SC: My bill last mont said I owed 42.00, and that's what I paid, but now it's saying I owe 500 some dollars.

ME, looking up bill: Um, okay, well that may have been a misprint on your bill, but your bill has been about a few hundred for this entire winter.

SC: Did you receive a home heating credit (tax refund thing in certain states)?

ME: No.

[click]

Okay, so she hung up, no big deal. But then a few moments later I get a call.

ME: Thank you for calling my name is ominousoat how can I help you today?

[click]

Hmm, okay, oh good another phone call!

ME: Thank you for calling my name is ominousoat how can I help you...

[click]

Odd, two in a row. [checking number] Ah! It's the same lady. Heh, apparently she doesn't want to speak with me again, oh wait! another call.

ME: Thank you for calling my name is ominou...

[click]

By this time I am cracking up. Not only is it odd I'm getting the same person over and over again, but I find it hilarious that she's going mad trying to get anyone but me, and what's this? Another call!

ME: Thank you for calling my name is om...

[click]

Sure enough, it was her again. By this point I was near debilitated with laughter at the thought of her absolutely fuming and yelling in frustration that she kept getting the same guy. Then my fun ended and she seemed to give up. Ah well.

TSG = This Sucks Guy

ME = ME

TSG: I just go this OUTRAGEOUS bill, and it really sucks. I thought I was only paying [budgeted amount].

ME: Well, it looks like you were supposed to pay [budgeted amount] but since you never paid it in the past we took you off of the plan.

TSG: That sucks. Why is my bill so high?

ME: Because since you weren't paying anything for three months, you now have to pay for three months worth of gas usage.

TSG: That sucks. I thought I was paying [budgeted amount].

ME: Yes. You were supposed to pay [budgeted amount] but you never did. Consequently you now have to pay the regular amount for your gas service used for the past three months.

TSG: I wish I had never signed up for your so called "budget" plan. You are sucky gas company!

[click]

ME: *laughter*

Nothing is more funny than a stupid customer that says, in essence, I HAVE TO PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED?! YOU GUYS SUCK!

Moving on.

SAC = Stupid Assumptuous Customer
    ME = ME

SAC: The last guy was supposed to automatically withdraw x amount on x date, and he never did.

ME: Well, I see that you agreed to pay x amount on x date, but I don't see you making an automatic payment.

SAC: He was supposed to do it!

ME: Ma'am, we have no system in place to schedule one payment for the future. Are you sure he said he would do that?

SAC: Well...I mean, I thought this process was automatic.

ME: Did you give any bank information?

SAC: Well...no...

ME: Then we had absolutely no way of withdrawing a payment.

SAC: But I assumed...

Yeah, that one wasn't so much funny, but sad. Most customers fear corporations just taking their money. Some simply accept it as inevitable. It's a wonder this woman ever paid her bills, rather than just assuming bills paid themselves.

Oh, and while I was writing this the co-worker behind me got a call from the first lady, and *gasp* her story was suddenly very different than when she spoke with me originally. Apparrently now she mailed in a money order for 500 some dollars, and she's not disputing that her bill's 500 dollars. Silly me, and here I thought she was disputing that amount. Anyhow, now she's swearing we've lost her payment, oh and the money order reciept? She threw it away of course. The hilarity of this all is that I had to advise the co-worker what to do for the lady that rued speaking with me. Heh.
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

LOL!

Good stuff. Funny how stories change from person to person. The first one didn't work, so let's try something else. Oh well.

And I'm only supposed to pay this much. Well, try paying it and it will stay like that jack-ass.

Poor lady with the automatic withdrawl. Well, I hope you fixed her up fine.
    90% of the people complain because of the 10% that ruined your day........

Comment

Well, you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME!!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
        TSG = This Sucks Guy

ME = ME

TSG: I just go this OUTRAGEOUS bill, and it really sucks. I thought I was only paying [budgeted amount].

ME: Well, it looks like you were supposed to pay [budgeted amount] but since you never paid it in the past we took you off of the plan.

ME: Because since you weren't paying anything for three months, you now have to pay for three months worth of gas usage.

ME: Yes. You were supposed to pay [budgeted amount] but you never did. Consequently you now have to pay the regular amount for your gas service used for the past three months.

TSG: I wish I had never signed up for your so called "budget" plan. You are sucky gas company!

[click]

ME: *laughter*

Nothing is more funny than a stupid customer that says, in essence, I HAVE TO PAY FOR SERVICES RENDERED?! YOU GUYS SUCK!

I get these calls all the time. Some SC's can't grasp the concept of what a "budget" plan is and think it's a special rate where they can use all the energy (gas or electric) they want and only have to pay a set amount for it...... It don't work that way MORON! Once a year, Budget plan accounts are zeroed out and you have to pay the remaining balance....ideally, you've used the same amount of energy that you've paid for, or possible you owe a little extra or maybe even have a small credit. I'm getting all kinds of SC's over this since the end of the budget plan year is coming up and we had a colder than normal winter and some of the gas customers are ending up with a larger balance than in past years and they are not happy about it..... <sigh> And in a few months, I'll get all the pissy electric customers who convienently forget that AC sucks up electric big time and they get to whine about thier electric bills....... It never ends....

Comment

Quoth Pinkie View Post
          Once a year, Budget plan accounts are zeroed out and you have to pay the remaining balance....

Amazingly, we never zero the accounts out. The only time that happens is if their budget was set amazingly high and their credit is absurd. Otherwise it goes on and on until either they stop it, or we have to stop it for them in the case of not paying.
          Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Our budget plan is re-computed once every 12 months. Since I switched over most of the house to CFLs last summer, when they re-figured our plan in January, we're now paying about $20 less a month. It'll be interesting to see next year if it drops more, since it'll be an entire year instead of 6 months with CFLs.

The bills will also show each month if you're ahead (have credit) or behind (owe) what your normal usage is being on the budget plan.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
              The bills will also show each month if you're ahead (have credit) or behind (owe) what your normal usage is being on the budget plan.

Yippee!!! Someone who knows how to read the damn bill!!!! I've got a few hundred SC's I'd like to send your way for lessons!!!

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post

I know it's not even remotely relevant to the topic, but I once had a co-worker who used "sucks," "sucking," and "sucky" for EVERYTHING that he didn't like. This was at a pizza place, and we'd often hear statements like this one: "Oh, that sucks. This sucking idiot wants green olives on their pizza. Green olives suck!" (and when asked why): "They just taste sucky!"

He also liked to call me a "fetching sucker" if I ever did something he found offensive.

People like this need to work on their vocabularies. Just by reading this forum I've found a whole new world of adjectives and expletives for work.
                I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                - IPF

Comment

Working...
                X