X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I bought this phone **NEW**

And it's used now!

We carry this over-hyped piece of garbage phone that is named after an (in)famous character portrayed by John DeLance.

Me - your's truly (with my bitten tongue comments)
    SC - Your average sucky customer who thinks he should have everything handed to him on a gold plated platinum platter.

Me: Yes, there is an issue with your phone so we're going to order you a replacement from the warehoue.
    SC: Is it a new phone or a refurbished one?
    Me: Refurbished (oh great, here we go).
    SC: But I bought this phone new.
    Me: Yes, but for replacements, as stated in the terms we use refurbished units as replacements (besides, your phone isn't "new" anymore).
    SC: This is unfair, no one else does this.
    Me: (Bull$h!t) Actually its a very common pratice in the electronics industry.
    SC: So you're taking my brand new phone and giving me a beat up used one?
    Me: No, we're exchanging your phone with a refurbished unit. The casing is new, and it is tested before it leaves the repair depot.
    SC: But I bougt this new.
    Me: (It isn't new anymore dumbass). Your only other option is to send it to the manufacturer, who has a 7-10 business day turnaround time, and they can repair it then send it back to you (making your phone refurbished).
    SC: Give me the manufacturer's number.

Same model phone (did I mention this phone is a piece of mierda?). Customer had his exchanged the night before, but is unhappy with the fact that it's a refurubshed unit. Customer comes back in and demands we swap him out for his original phone so he can also send it to the manufacturer. No big deal. But one problem, he ported his number to a different carrier last night and the policy strictly stats that the phone has to be active in order for us to exchange it. Karma bit him in the ass big time! The real karma bite will be if he tries to port his number back to us. A double port like that WILL almost guarantee a lost number for you.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I think I may know what device you're referring to. My company doesn't have it. And you're right, we do handle exchanges the same way. I don't know why people think that "refurbished" means "guaranteed to explode in your face." Sure, sometimes they do fail. But so do "new" phones.

I like your way of thinking about the fact that the customer's "new" phone he bought months ago is now "used." I never thought of that before, I'm going to use it next time I get that argument.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      I never thought of that before, I'm going to use it next time I get that argument.
      it works on maybe 5%-the rest still argue

BlaqueKatt-they also complain that the refurbs don't come with batteries
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

SCs seem to have this strange belief that WE enjoy having to deal with both the phone manufacturers' silly practices and shady dealings along with the customers who run afoul of those tendencies.

I'm not sure if the new exchange by mail systems the providers are trying out will be good or bad.
        "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Refurb phones where a mixed blessing when I worked at RadioShack. Most of the time, they worked just like brand new. They were great for making a quick sale, because the customer would get a nice price break as well as any rebates due to them.
          But when we got in refurb LG phones... Gah! Those POS phones were always bad out of the box. I don't know what it was about those LG phones. Heck, they rarely worked when brand new.
          I even bought a refurb for my ex a few years ago. She still has it and it works great (because it's a Sanyo! GREAT phones!).

BTW, draggar, just wanted to say Thanks for the phone advice. I'm going with the 8400.
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            it works on maybe 5%-the rest still argue
            Oh, that's quite alright. I don't care if it works or not. It'll just be fun to fire at the customers
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              We carry this over-hyped piece of garbage phone that is named after an (in)famous character portrayed by John DeLance.
              That narrows it down to around a zillion choices. I'm going to run with "Agent Darkbooty."
              Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
              X