Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail is like Friggin' Final Fantasy.

Of course when customers stop you for help is one thing but when someone pages for a Sales Associate from a Department and the customer automatically thinks that any person that will walk in that area will be able to help them. I was walking back from break and went through the furnature department, The lady stops me and says "Oh, you must be the person that is going to help us with the furnature" .....OK.... and so she is like could you help us and I'm like what do you need and she says that someone was paging for furnature and I though you are going to help us in this area, we're wondering if you have this certain desk in the back.

Ok, first of all if an associate pages someone for help they will come and talk to you and ask you what you need. don't friggin' assume that anyone who walk down that aisle is in that department and go "uh you must be the person that's going to help us durr"
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Damnit, you took my idea... kinda of.
    And I'm not going to elaborate on it, because I still want to make my game someday.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Good idea for a game. I'd buy that.

As for the assumption, I'm leaning more towards the customer on this behalf. You were the first person she seen, and she went to you. How many times have you been paged to a place, where a dozen customers were? How are you suppose to know which is the one that you were paged for?

Should she had assume, I would assume no for good manners, but she didn't demand you help her, you even asked what she needed help with, further implying you were there to help.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Ah, the joys of associate ping-pong. Gord forbid you are on your way to help someone you were radioed to help and can't stop.

"Do you have any of these drills/tools/whatever boxed here on the shelf? I can't figure out if the number on the display price tag corresponds to the number on the shelf tags." I'm obviously not good with pictures either.

And I'm not so sure I should actually be selling you a drill/grinder/chainsaw/power tool....
        "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          Good idea for a game. I'd buy that.

As for the assumption, I'm leaning more towards the customer on this behalf. You were the first person she seen, and she went to you. How many times have you been paged to a place, where a dozen customers were? How are you suppose to know which is the one that you were paged for?

Should she had assume, I would assume no for good manners, but she didn't demand you help her, you even asked what she needed help with, further implying you were there to help.

Yeah that's true I agree with you there. She could've in fact asked if I was the person that was paged for Furnature. And if I said no she would be like ok, sorry but she was like "So you must be the guy in Furnature" so she did sound like she was assuming. I did a little audio on "Retail is like Friggin' Final Fantasy" with Final Fantasy 4 feild music is playing and when you encounter an enemy I sed the scene from the movie "One Hour Photo" where Will Yorkin encounters Sy as a customer and asks about computer in which Sy responded "I'm sorry this is not my section" To the point where they end their greeting and the guy in computers comes to help him. If anyone is making a game like this please use my title of this thread!
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Working...
          X