X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Contractors and literacy - 50/50 rant/stupidity

As in they don't have any.

Picture this. There is an event where I work. We have them in our biggest room in the first building. As a courtesy, we put up signs on all doors saying either "[event] is in this building. Room [number]", or [event] is in the other building, Room [number]". The group also added their own signs that have their logo and these huge bright neon yellow arrows pointing the direction to go to get to this event.

Idiot proof one would think...right?

Nope for God burnt the midnight oil and designed a more efficient idiot. One who was guaranteed not to be able to see the signs plastered on EVERY @#$%ING DOOR stating where their meeting was.

I had to deal with 12 people asking me where their group was.

Let me re-state since the idiocy astounds...a full dozen defense contractors, people who went to college to become engineers and project managers so they could understand how to build the equipment that our fighting men and women rely on to help them fight and survive wars, are unable, unwilling, or just too goddamn stupid to be able to read a freaking sign telling them where the @#$% their meeting is!

It wouldn't be so bad if three of them didn't ask me where the meeting was when I'm standing in front of a flip-chard easel with big bold letters saying "Welcome to the Blah-Blah-Blah Meeting", not to mention the two who asked me where the meeting was when I'm talking to a woman at the well labeled registration tables making sure they had everything they needed.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Obviously they need to get a refund for their 'well-rounded' education.

hehe, Or drafted and given head duty every single day the rest of their lives, just to keep them away from productive persons.
    "There are times in your life when you'll have to eat crow. Actually, you don't have to eat it-just hold it in your mouth long enough until nobody's watching, and then spit it out."

Comment

That's our tax dollars at work, folks
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

People can be so... OBLIVIOUS.

Holy orange.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          People can be so... OBLIVIOUS.

Holy orange.
          I have to confess...I did this once. I'm not a defense contractor, natch, but was in this store, got totally turned around and confused, walked up to a worker and asked "Er, where are the stairs to the second level"?
          Got a look of total disbelief and the response "Right behind you". Yep, there they were, 2 feet away.
          I wanted to sink into a hole in the ground.

Comment

It's not a sign of stupidity or blindness. It's a sign of incredible laziness and sense of self-importance and entitlement.

Basically, they are too special to be bothered to actually look at their surroundings. It is up to the staff to take care of things like where they need to be and how they need to get there.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X