This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be an SC tomorrow.

Friday I went to a local UPS store. I bought two padded envelopes, packed my goods in them, labeled them, and mailed the USPS from the store. I get email from the recipients today, both packages had come open and some of the contents were missing from one. I called the store today to see what they could do about this, and the woman said it was not their fault, after the packages leave the store they are not responsible. I told her that if the envelopes dont stay closed then it is their fault, and I expect them to pay for the missing merchandise. She said they do not sell defectivve envelopes and they would not do anything. So I plan to go there tomorrow and raise some hell.

What good will that do? You need to call UPS and file a complaint. Going down there and yelling is just going to make you look dumb, and then UPS will never take you seriously.

Comment

Draftermatt is right. The UPS stores are franchises, and as such are not responsible for damage caused during shipping, they are simply a broker between you and UPS. Call UPS and file a claim for the goods that were lost or damaged.

The details on the claims process are here:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...e_process.html
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
        What good will that do? You need to call UPS and file a complaint. Going down there and yelling is just going to make you look dumb, and then UPS will never take you seriously.
        He's right. While there is a time and a place for the occasional suckyness, it needs to be aimed at the people who can actually do something.

Going postal on a clerk isn't going to help since she really has no power to do anything. You need to talk to Corporate calmly.

Going suckjob on a clerk is only effective in situations where said clerk is not doing something that should honestly be considered part of their job. Such as...

Getting snotty with someone and telling them that a small coffee is called "Tall" when you ask for the smallest coffee they have.

Not getting off their ass to open the case to get you a copy of God of War II when you want to buy a copy of it.

telling you that a two phone line splitter doesn't exist when you are looking to replace the one you bought at the same damn store 4 months ago. (Radio Shack. You got Questions? We have batteries)

Things like that are where suckyness is most effective and certainly excusable.

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
          Friday I went to a local UPS store. I bought two padded envelopes, packed my goods in them, labeled them, and mailed the USPS from the store.
          Eh?

I'm confused, why would you mail something USPS from the UPS store? (I'm going to assume typo). I would ask for help at the UPS store, but if they are unable or unwilling to help, there has got to be a number you can call. Good luck, hun.

On the off chance you did mail something USPS, unless you purchased the "insurance" on the package, USPS isn't going to do shit. It sucks, but is true.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
            She said they do not sell defectivve envelopes and they would not do anything.
            "So, then, what you're telling me is either my packages were improperly handled, or someone on your line tore them open to get what was inside? I smell firings in the near future."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Ms. Pounce View Post
              I'm confused, why would you mail something USPS from the UPS store? (I'm going to assume typo). I would ask for help at the UPS store, but if they are unable or unwilling to help, there has got to be a number you can call. Good luck, hun.

You can mail USPS from a UPS store, I've done it. I mailed a care package to my best friend in Guatemala a few months back. She's in the peace corp and living in a tiny Mayan village in the jungle, so UPS couldnt deliver anything to her door. instead, I paid them, and they mailed it off through USPS for me, to the Guatemalan Postal service company, who kept it at their warehouse and notified my friend through the Peace Corp it was there. She went to pick it up the next time they went to Guatemala City for a Peace Corp meeting.

Anyway, two days later USPS delivered it back to my home. It had been picked up at the UPS office by the mailman, and UPS had forgotten to stamp the postage that I had paid for on it. I had to haul the box back down to the UPS office again. The 16 yo kid behind the counter told me it hadnt been stamped for postage (I asked why it had come back) and by the look on his face, he was afraid I was going to get pissy with him. I was annoyed, but there was a big line forming behind me, and I had no idea WHO had forgotten to stamp it. So I asked him to just make sure it got stamped this time and left. After that it reached Guatemala without incident.

I agree with the other posters, yelling at the clerk won't solve anything. File a claim and/or a complaint about it.
              Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Not sure if this is true or not but this is how I would imagine it to work. You bring your package to the UPS Store for shipment, you choose to send via the USPS. At this point once it has been stamped and goes into the postal service bins it gets picked up by the postal carrier at the end of the day (or a employee drives all the bins to the local post office).

At this point it is all in the hands of the USPS not UPS. UPS really has almost no handeling of the package just stamping it and tossing it in one of those plastic tubs/bins to wait for pickup.

Your problem really lies with the USPS not UPS or the UPS Store.

What probably happened was one of two things. Either the envelope was fed thru an automatic machine and got hung up (should have been hand sorted) and got damaged there. Or it was tampered with by a USPS employee.

I know I've gotten envelopes in the mail that looked as if a Llama tried to eat it. But those had a sticker on it explaining the damage.

Those padded mailers really need additional packing tape to help seal them (I never trust the gummed part myself and always slap a little extra on them).
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but did you happen to have everything insured?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If the store had packed it for you, then you might have a case against the outlet themselves. If YOU put the stuff in the envelopes and sealed it, well, then you're kinda SOL.

The moral of the story? Packing tape is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X