Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen people like my mother lose weight from quitting drinking soda, so yes, I guess I was a little off in my post......

I realize everyone's different, I just get so sick and tired of people telling me that "If you keep drinking all that pop you're going to get fat!" and "If you keep drinking all that pop you're going to give yourself diabetes!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Chiming in on the Diet pop with greasy food here. My dad is a Type II diabetic, and has been for most of my life. I grew up drinking Diet soda, as it was all we had in the house, and because of that, there is very little regular soda I can actually drink--it all just tastes like sugar and syrup to me, and I just don't like it. (Though I do have the occasional can of Coke as a treat, but that's only once in a great while.)

Because of this, when I do eat fast food, even Taco Bell, I still order my meals with Diet Coke/Pepsi, as I won't drink regular 99% of the time. I don't mind if the clerk laughs a bit or jokes with their coworkers, but I don't need comments made to me about it. I'm fine with my weight, I just can't drink a large Coke--it'd make me sick.

Case in point, right now I'm eating cheese fries and a hot dog with a Diet Rockstar.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Slight correction: Too much sugar won't lead to diabetes. However, in concert with other concerns, most important being base genetics, too much sugar can dramatically increase the likelihood of development of diabetes.

As for the weight thing, the most important thing to do is exercise. It almost is irrelevant what sort of exercise you do, just exercising at all can have a dramatic effect on health. My car broke down so I started busing to work and with the 2 miles per day I now walk has led to over 10 lbs lost in the last year, and still going. And that's for 15 minutes of walking twice a day an average of about 4 days a week.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X