This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    My last day here will not be pretty.....

*Future news story from media across Canada*

"An alarming number of Canadians have been severly injured, several mortally, since yesterday. RCMP states that from interviews with the survivors that were able to speak, is sketchy, due to the severe nature of their injuries. One seemingly common thread is that all of those interviewed, mentioned something of being told to '.....go have intercourse with themselves...' by a Customer Service telephone line Operator that they had contacted....."

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Buglady: Yes, the rat creatures comment and the avatar (unless I'm grossly mistaken) are both from Bone.
      *hugs Andara*
      You're not the first to know where it came from, but you are the only one I've seen so far to know where they both came from. At least, outside of PMs. Sorry, Recovering Kinkoid.
      Oftentimes, I'll take a character who lightens my imagination, and make a profile out of their story. Interestingly enough, this one I'm using now has gotten the most attention.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        You'll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?

Ahhhh, Homer Simpson. :swoon:
        i think i just used that in another thread somewhere. odd. must be that time of year. when all the dogs with bees in their mouths come out of hibernation.

and didn't you know, Gravekeeper, that everything is your fault? gas station closed? your fault. this woman was an idiot? your fault. hole in the ozone layer? your fault. global warming? still your fault.
        Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

I had World War 2 blamed on me in high school. (Seriously). ><

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            But have you ever wondered what would happen if you said "No?" If I ever achieve literary success and leave this job, it's on my list of things to do on my last day.
            Amusingly, I do this all the time. Of course, being the Smartass Server/Bartender, I can get away with it, as (usually) the people in question can see the twinkle in my eye. "Can I order from you?" "Can I get a beer?" "Can we eat here?" "Can you tell us where the bathroom is?" "Can you tell us where the bathroom is?" "Can you bring me a glass of water?" All of these and more I simply say "No" to on a regular basis.

Some get the joke.

Most simply hear "No" as "No problem" and assume I answered them positively. Amazing how often that happens. So I continue to say "No," at this point as much for my own amusement as anything else.

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post
            Seriously, on your last day there, have you considered just giving in and letting them have the full force of sarcasm? Cos I think we'd all be hanging out to hear about that one.
            I hate to tell you this, but I think I know what would happen. And it wouldn't be the complete mind-twist of SCs a lot of you would expect. No, not even close. For being Mr. Sarcastic in my job, I can tell you that while many people get sarcasm, very few SCs get it. It would go right over their head, and result in, at best, blank stares by them as they tried to comprehend what you were saying. Hell, I get that a lot with my "No" responses I discussed above, and that is a short, simple, monosyllabic word. GK's comments would fly so far over their heads as to require multiple air traffic controllers.

I mean, it would be fun for HIM to let fly with his wit, but the responses to said wit, sadly, would most likely be very disappointing from the entertainment perspective.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              I had World War 2 blamed on me in high school. (Seriously). ><
              Ah...wuh?
              "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Living Proof of Godwin's Law

Wow, WWII was you? And here I thought I was responsible!

Seriously, I think I might have you beat when it comes to Godwin's Law. I have never, ever gotten through a class without being called Nazi or fascist. Three years of high school + four of university (on two continents!) = approximiately 37 separate accusations.

I wonder what grad school will hold....

Don't let 867 get you down, just remember - you don't have to live there. Feel sorry for the RCMP/EMT/Social Services who do!
                "Clothes make the man. Naked people have very little influence in society." - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  *hugs Andara*
                  You're not the first to know where it came from, but you are the only one I've seen so far to know where they both came from. At least, outside of PMs.
                  Heh... I'd actually been meaning to PM you about the avatar. I recognized it right off, but it took me a bit to remember who it was. I read the whoooole series just last year.

Quoth Jester View Post
                  I mean, it would be fun for HIM to let fly with his wit, but the responses to said wit, sadly, would most likely be very disappointing from the entertainment perspective.
                  Ah, but the recording for us would be comedy gold!

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X