This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Primer
    I hate to admit that I have been guilty of this a few times. I really do try to find what I'm looking for on my own, first.
    I'm the same way. After doing my stint in a grocery store, I got so tired of people asking for help for stupid things that I overcompensate by only asking for help when I absolutely need it. I've also gotten into such a habit of that when I go to a store to buy something I know exactly what I want and where it is, so that those times when I do need help I just give a reflexive "no thanks, I'm ok" answer most of the time.

I do admit I get a bit SCish when I'm looking to buy a high priced item. I get very turned off when nobody tries to help me, and when they do I like them to be a little involved with me, but I won't ask for help either. I guess subconciously I'm thinking that if they really want the sale, they'll be helpful. The other day I was in Circuit City looking to buy a new HD TV since I finally have a real job and all, time to start upgrading stuff. I wandered around for about 10 minutes, because the HD TVs were all mixed in with CD TVs and not all of them had clear labels on them, with an sales guy just kinda watching me. That got me a bit annoyed for some reason. When he finally asked me if I needed any help I told him what I was looking for and he just kinda said "They're over there, there and there." Well that doesn't help me much. So I left. Best Buy was cheaper anyways.

Comment

Working...
    X