This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird request

Hey everyone, this isn't that bad but I thought I'd throw it in. It was near Christmas a few years ago, and these two ladies came up to my register and started unloading their trolley. So I start scanning away when one asks,"Do you have any Christmas decorations for kegs?"
    "Kegs?" I ask, unable to believe the obscurity of her request.
    She says,"Yeah", then I tell her I'll have to check. She gives her friend this look as if to say,"What an idiot".

I pulled a face at her that I think her friend saw.

I mean, why the heck would we have decorations for kegs? Like, specifically for kegs? That's like asking if we have Christmas decorations for a gear stick in a car ...

By the way, no, we didn't have Christmas decorations for kegs.
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

"That dress you're wearing should do nicely."

Ah, the things we wish we could say...

Comment

How about tinsel? A small string of lights? Those silly things you can put on windows? :shrugs:
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Susie Derkins
        "That dress you're wearing should do nicely."
        OMG, that would be F-ing hilarious! Say that next time, Sandy. Cuz you know they'll come back.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Slightly but...

Does anyone remember the Guiness commercials that came out for St. Patrick's Day this year (or maybe it was last year)? They had a keg all decorated...even my mom thought it was hilarious.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

The quick retort should have been: "Beer, burbon, nail, or horseshoe?"

Yes children nails used to come in kegs as did horseshoes.
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Maybe she meant a keg party? Hmmm . . .
              ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth Sandy
                I mean, why the heck would we have decorations for kegs? Like, specifically for kegs? That's like asking if we have Christmas decorations for a gear stick in a car ...

By the way, no, we didn't have Christmas decorations for kegs.
                I think it's a great idea, especially if it's marketed towards college students.

Comment

That's a new one: keg decorations.

Hmmm . . . maybe you should have told her to come back after Labor Day when the Christmas decorations will be out and she can use wrapping paper and ribbon to decorate her keg with.

I don't know that I'd recommend the lights though, as they have a tendency to go out when immersed in anything liquid. I don't know how they'd do if they were peed on, but I don't think I'd want to know.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

keg decorations? you should feel dumb because you didnt know if your store had any
                    (sarcasm of course)
                    KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

Quoth DGoddess
                      I don't know that I'd recommend the lights though, as they have a tendency to go out when immersed in anything liquid.
                      About five years ago I was in an extremely 70's faux elegant restuarant (I liked it) festooned with wine-coloured velvet chairs with chrome frames, smoked mirrored tiles on the ceiling, fake cherry blossom trees, and--in the lounge--a fireplace in a fountain (gas jets right at the water's surface). The SC stories I bet that place could tell; if only old-school Engelbert was being piped in...
                      I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Working...
                      X