This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, your kid ratted you out!

This isn't so much sucky as hilarious, in my opinion. I work in collections, and I pulled up my next account, I look through the notes and there are things like "Rude woman took message," and "User hung up upon identification." So I take a deep breath and dial them up. (Why I work in collections when I don't like confrontation, I have no idea.)

Me- Obviously
    LK - Little kid
    SW - Screaming Woman in the backgroud

LK: "Hello?"

Me: Hi, this is Angelica calling from <my company>, I'm trying to reach the person responsible for the wireless account for <their company>...

LK: Um... Ok....

(I see it going downhill, so I try to back out of it)

Me: Should I call back later?

LK: Hold on (puts his hand over the phone) Mom! It's <my company>, should I take a message?

SW: I'll tell him, I already done told him!

LK: Ok! (he says this part real quiet) Hey Angelica, my mommy never gives daddy the messages, so here's his phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX. Bye bye!

I cracked up so hard I had to log out of my phone. Kudos kid, for ratting out your parents!

Now that is a kid after my own heart.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

HAHA! Niiiice. *Gives the little rat a thunderous round of applause, and a cookie*
      "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

I love that child!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At least theres a little hope that kid won't be an SC when he's older

Comment

Working...
          X