This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Recent Headache

Ok so im going to break this down by days as best as I can. This is an order that has had something wrong at every turn.

2 weeks ago:
    Two old ladies come in. I make an order for one with some floor models and everything is fine. The other lady wants to purchase a new bed for when she moves into her old folks home on the 28th. Unfortunatly she doesnt have a delivery address so i tell her to come back with the address and i can finalize the order. I expected her back within a few days.

1 week ago:
    Lady finally comes back on a day im off. Leaves delivery information.

6 days ago:
    I punch in her delivery information and since she took so long a delivery date is unavailable until the 4th. I try to organize a swing by (truck picks up stock we have in our store, usually gives better delivery dates) and thats not available until the 27th and the 1st. Not good. Also im missing the box spring so in order to do a succeful swing by i would have to offer a loaner.....weee....I call her up and explain how everything is and i will do my best to make everything work out for the 28th. I remind her she needs to come in and pay for the items as well.

5days ago:
    I track down a spare boxspring at another store and i call to ask them if they can send it via courier or in a truck. They say its ok and they will send it out asap.

3 days ago:
    Come in after my day off. Lady still hasnt shown to pay for merchendice and the other store didnt send the boxspring properly. Its now making a detour about 500 km south of the city :/greeeeeat. I call the lady again and say if im unable to get the boxspring I will offer her a loaner until we get the new one in and we can send it out. We talk lightly about her paying before the delivery date. All seems well.

2 days ago:
    No sign of the lady. Boxspring shows up in imports shipment. I phone courier service to do delivery. They dont do weekends. All formalities out the window now. I call the stockguy who's dad is the regiunal manager and i know he owns a truck. We are personally doing this delivery couse im not leaving an old lady without a bed at an old folks home.

yesterday:
    day off woohoo!

Today: Everything is set up. I have all the merchendice and i have the driver and such ready. Very unorthadox order but i have done everything i possibly can to get this to the lady on the designated delivery date. Guess what? She still hasnt shown up to pay for it.

Now: Im finally not stressing since i left 2 messages on her machine about payment and tried to contact her cell about payment. I did evrything I could and she hasnt payed for the item. Im in at 8 am tomorrow. if she cant pay by tomorrow i figure its outta my hands and this headache can end. we will see how tomorrow turns out.

/endrant
    Last edited by Department stores *sigh*; 04-28-2007, 06:11 AM.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I really hope she gets her butt in to pay for it. You really went above and beyond for her. I'd hate for all that to be for nothing.

*waits patiently for update*

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

**update**

Got a call around 9 am from her son or something who pretty much yelled at me from having the gaal to tell an 80 year old woman to come in and pay for her merchendice. I tell him im doing what I can for the order and since she has a store credit card I can do the transactionover the phone no problem. He gives me her number and i punch it in. BAM! call for authorization. I tell him I need to call the credit office and I will call them back. It turns out that the purchase is over her allowed limit. Hooray.

I call her back and tell her this and I give her the number of the credit office for her to work this out.

About an hour later I get a call from another son, or son in law. Some guy. He is a lot nicer then the first guy and he just explains that he is confused about the current state of things. I explain that I had all the merchendice ready to go and I had the order and it just needed to be paid for. He then tells me they called the credit office and they pretty much told them it was my fault for not be able to finalise the sale. (btw its NOT since I cant get past the authorization screen!) and i explain to him that I am doing everything I can on my end and they have to work out their credit problems with the people at the credit office.

Thats the last I heard from them. In the meantime the guy who said he could do my delivery? He backed out. So now Im stuck with a delivery for today that has no driver and hasnt been paid for. I pretty much told managment everything (most knew alread) and told them i was going home and if they call back its their problem for the day. I did everything I could, got a shitload of people mad at me since i bent over so far backwards for all this i can almost dive into my own ass. I cant stand that as soon as things are out of my hands in this it gets fucked up. I have done everything here except the actual delivery since I cant drive and dont own a truck.

On a sidenote I even gave them a nice discount for all the hassle. By nice discount I mean a NICE discount. about 15% off. Why did I do this? Secretly I was hoping her credit card would be able to accept this and we can just finish this nightmare. Did it work? No. Still to much.

May be more to come.....but I sure hope not.....
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
      X