This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm a Government Agent" Gimme Grab

I am a phone CSR for a retail stores web and phone orders. We often get calls from people who need to be directed to other places because their issue does NOT concern a phone or web order.

I got a call from some idiot woman. I knew it was not going to be good when her response to "thanks for calling __.com, this is ukestrummer, may I ask your name please?" was "Connect me to your corporate office NOW!" I then gleefully informed her our corporate office DOES NOT have a direct number for customers (if its important which ussually it isn't, corporate will call the customer back based on the other contact options given). I told her I could help her.

IW starts blasting how she had a store credit card with our company two years ago but closed it, and tried to reopen it while in the store today. She filled out the application and was given back according to her a piece of paper that rudely stated she cannot have credit at our store. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT FOR A SECOND, I would bet money its a computer generated reciept politely appogizing and giving our credit card dept phone number for questions or dispute. I then get the standard sob story about how much money she makes, how she has hundreds of thousands in credit lines from other companies, two kids in private college paid cash, and is a goverment agent.

FIRST, she wants answers as to why (I can understand that), I advise her that I DO NOT know why and she must contact are credit card dept. She cuts me off and tells me she already did and they explained to her it was a SIMPLE MISTAKE, the store associate had submitted the application twice which would make it fail no matter what. WHY ask me for answers when you already have THE answer, PLUS you've been told you can apply and get approved NO PROBLEM.

SECOND, I gave her THE BEST information I have on getting her concern heard, our STORE customer service number (not 24/7 but does have voicemail) AND I showed her how to contact corporate through are website (which is the MOST direct way and the best way to get a quick reponse). Sucky woman starts getting sarcastic and cutting, saying we have really great customer service because she might have to type a note on the web and/or call the proper department herself (poor baby).

ONTO THE GIMME GRAB (I didn't see it coming), after giving her the proper info she complains about the effort and how she is too important to do what I've advised her. She then hisses "I am a GOVERNMENT AGENT 700-800 people go through my line a day I will tell them all MY story and MAKE them not shop with your company, WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR ME because I WAS absolutely devastated in your store?" My reply, "there is NOTHING I can do in this case, you MUST contact store customer service or corporate and they will decide on a resolution". My opinion this woman should get NOTHING AT ALL, she lost out on NOTHING it was a simple mistake she can still get her precious low limit (our cc does not go above $300) NO GRACE period credit card if she really wants it (why would you) AND the reciept is handed to you in the store so NO ONE has to hear you were declined, if you behave like an adult (unlikely in this case) it would just look like you were handed a reciept, no embarrasment whatsover, just maybe a frantic call to the credit card department later. I wish she made a direct threat with her goverment position, because my dad is 31 years federal goverment. Based on her description we have a 99% sure guess what agency she is and what position (something VERY menial, makes $10 an hour but you are technically goverment HAHAHA :-)

Quoth ukestrummer View Post
    "I am a GOVERNMENT AGENT 700-800 people go through my line a day I will tell them all MY story and MAKE them not shop with your company,
    700-800 people in an 8 hour day is about 100/hour, or 1.6 per minute. How is she going to have the time to tell everyone her story and still get her job done?

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
      How is she going to have the time to tell everyone her story and still get her job done?
      She won't.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Ahhh...empty, meaningless threats. Don't you LOVE them?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
          700-800 people in an 8 hour day is about 100/hour, or 1.6 per minute. How is she going to have the time to tell everyone her story and still get her job done?
          At that rate she is probably a cashier in the Walter Reed cafeteria.
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

?

I didn't know they made $10 an hour at the DMV.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

She then hisses "I am a GOVERNMENT AGENT 700-800 people go through my line a day I will tell them all MY story and MAKE them not shop with your company, WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR ME because I WAS absolutely devastated in your store?"
              "I will be reporting you to your employers for using your position to try to damage trade at a private company. Furthermore I shall report you to them for wasting tax unit-of-currency on your personal business rather than the job for which you are paid."

Gets em every time.
              Will you $*&£ing mind the $*&£ing doors!

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                At that rate she is probably a cashier in the Walter Reed cafeteria.
                Bigjimaz.....Have you ever been to the Walter Reed (ie. Wally world) cafeteria? I use to work there in the 80's as a grill cook while serving in the Army. I would say you'd be correct about the number of people that walk through there on a week day....possibly more now days since they now have all those injured war soldiers there.

Sorry to go OT.......

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                  I didn't know they made $10 an hour at the DMV.
                  Well she clearly doesn't work for the DMV, unless she meant 70-80 people a day. Which is still a stretch. I was in line almost 2 hours to get my permit. Maybe the Post Office, the local one is always busy, but they line moves fast (at least it's fast compared to the DMV).
                  "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

700-800 people go through my line a day I will tell them all MY story and MAKE them not shop with your company
                    There is NO government agency that can handle that many people in an 8 hour shift, whether it be the post office, dmv, welfare office, etc. They ALL take at least 10 mins per customer.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                      Man I wish I could move people in 36 Seconds flat

Comment

Working...
                      X