This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Impaired Need Not Apply

This happened to one of my co-workers today. It's happened to all of us, but this one is recent and I'm able to quote exactly.

CW=Coworker

SC=Stupid Customer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SC: I need to extend my car rental another week.

CW: I'm sorry ma'am. I can't extend your rental. Yesterday was your 28th day and we can't have a contract out for longer than 28 days.

SC: Well, that's not on my contract. No one ever told me I can't keep it longer than 28 days. I'm 300 miles away from where I rented it. What am I supposed to do.

CW: You need to return the car as soon as possible.

SC: And I can tell you it's not on my contract and no one ever told me this.

CW: Ma'am, I can promise you that you were informed of this.

SC: Well, no one ever told me about the 28 days when I called last week.

CW: Ma'am. I'm the agent that extended it for you last week. I told you that you were near your 28 day max. I can promise you of that. I can't extend it. You need to return the car ASAP.

SC: ............... *hangs up*
    I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

So if it's not back by day 28 and 1 minute, do you call the cops?

Comment

It's just that after 28 days the contract isn't valid anymore. They could've taken out all the coverage in the world through us, and if anything happens to the car they are fully responsible. There are some cities that if the police know the vehicle is overdue like that they will impound. Then the customer is stuck paying for the time the car is out, plus impound fee, plus tow fee, etc. But usually it takes about a week before the location will report it stolen, but some will do it after 72 hours, especially if it been noted that they were told on day 21 of the rental that they have to return it by day 28.
      I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

Working...
      X