This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'm a V.I.P!!!

We close at 7. We always have people trying to get in afterwards, but we close at 7.

Customer starts banging on the door at 7:20. We tell her we're closed and we cannot let her in (security reasons). She is very presistent so the manager goes to talk to her.

She told the manager that she's an executive VIP and flew in from Las Vegas to our store specifically because we're (apparently) the only store in the country that works on her phone . The manager informs her that any store could hav looked at her phone.

Then, it gets better, SC tells the manager that she needs to have her phone looked at *now* because she needs to board her flight back to Las Vegas in less than an hour (good luck, the airport is 45-50 minutes away and there is NO WAY you're getting on a plane in 10-15 minutes).

The customer continues to argee, threatens to force her way in, the manager tells her that we'll call the police if she does (on grounds of forced entry and assault if the manager is touched in any way).

SC spends the next 20 minutes on the phone outside calling the store (we ignore the phones after the store is closed). We think she also called customer service because she was yelling into the phone at one point.

Luckily, she was gone before I left.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Heh heh, that woman is a grade A idiotic VIP. The best way to handle them is to show indifference, very entertaining.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

i've found that the best way to deal with idiots like that is smile. the more you smile, the more pissed off they get. the more pissed off you get, the bigger you smile. i did this once and the guy actually turned kinda purple he was so angry
      mrs fields: serving sarcasm one cookie at a time

"m'fashnik...is that like mm cookies?" ~dawn summers

Comment

She needed her phone looked at "NOW", and yet could stand outside and be on the phone for forever, calling places? O...K...
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth megami View Post
          i've found that the best way to deal with idiots like that is smile. the more you smile, the more pissed off they get. the more pissed off you get, the bigger you smile. i did this once and the guy actually turned kinda purple he was so angry
          Oh I LOVE doing that!!!
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

A VIP? Yup!

Very Irritating Pain (in the neck, ass, or whatever part of the body you choose)
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Gee, I wonder why no one else wants to work on her phone...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So, supposedly, she flew across the country to come to your store for her phone to get looked at... She knew that she would be very short on time seeing as she'd have to be leaving VERY soon after arriving at your store to catch her flight back to Vegas... And yet she never thought that calling ahead might be useful?
                Some people come up with the weirdest excuses for not coming during business hours.
                Re: Quiche.
                Pie is manly.
                Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

"But I'm a V.I.P.!"
                  Yeah but if you don't shut up you'll be a R.I.P.

"V.I.P."s are some entertaining aren't they? "I'm very important!" and "Do you know who I am?"

No, and no. Do I care? No. Strike 3. Get out of my employees only section.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    SC spends the next 20 minutes on the phone outside calling the store....... We think she also called customer service because she was yelling into the phone at one point.
                    Heh, with a perfomance like that, it would be tempting for the employees to each grab a chair, sit back, and enjoy the Show!

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

Quoth megami View Post
                      i did this once and the guy actually turned kinda purple he was so angry
                      I've done this to many people over the years. I get great delight in being nothing but nice/polite to someone that's pissed off. They can't complain that I was rude My other reason is...that if they want to give themselves a heart attack over something trivial, I'm only too happy to oblige
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I tried to post this on the thread before, but my computer had a spaz out and shut down before I could finish it.

I get these 'customers' too. What makes it particularly odd is, everyone who gets to my phone queue is supposed to be working for the same company.
                        Have this happen all the time:
                        PC: "Yeah, I just put comments in the system."
                        RJ:*checks* "Yup."
                        PC: "Can we put a rush on that?"
                        RJ: *sigh* "What's the reason for the rush?"
                        PC: "Closing by the end of the month. Plus, we need a definite answer as to whether or not we can do the deal."
                        RJ: "Seeing as 'end of the month' is two weeks away, and thus, far outside our normal turn time for comments of 24 hours, I can't rush it for that. Plus, needing a decision is NOT a 'life-or-death' situation, and thus, also not a rush-able reason."
                        PC: "You guys have a 24 hour turn time for comments?"
                        RJ: "Yes."
                        PC: "Even for VIPs?"
                        RJ: "While it's not your business, seeing as the file is not marked as a VIP file, yes, everyone gets the 24 hour turn on comments."
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to be a VIP, wouldn't one first have to be an IP?

You know, actually important?

Cause the only VIPs in MY life are my friends, family, and the guy who signs my paychecks.

Anyone else is just a P.
                          My husband works for the same company I do, only I work in billing and he works in IT. He's an installer, which means he installs and services the computers that we provide to clients in return for their using our services. He has told me some real doozies of stories of his experience with client contact, but sometimes the suckiest people he has to deal with are our sales staff.

He has gotten yelled at by sales people because he didn't drop everything and go service their "VIP" client right that instant. He's gotten reported to his supervisor for the same reason; he didn't get to a client as quickly as the salesperson thought he should (he receives his scheduling from a third party, which they know). Fortunately, the supervisor blew off the salesdroid.

But the thing that really gets under his skin (although he's always polite and professional to everyone he has to deal with) is when a salesdrone tells him to give a particular client his best service because that client is a high-dollar client and the salesperson gets extra $$$ commission from that client. (My inclination would be to say to the salesperson, "Yeah, and what do I get out of this if I bust my hump for you?" He tells them that he gives every client the same service: his best.
                          He loves the world...except for all the people.
                          --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
                          X