This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and this is my fault...how?

there i was, minding my own business when...

aw = angry woman
    me =

aw: you're fattening america!
    me: wha...?
    aw: people come here and buy your cookies and get fat. especially kids! how could you sell cookies to children?
    me: because they pay for it?
    aw: you shouldn't sell cookies to children or overweight people. it's unhealthy
    me: um. i can't refuse people just because it's unhealthy. i'd get fired...
    aw: you should sacrifice your job for the health of america
    me: um?
    aw: i hope you're happy
    and she walked off. my boss said "what the hell was that?"
    mrs fields: serving sarcasm one cookie at a time

"m'fashnik...is that like mm cookies?" ~dawn summers

Yes because when ONE CLERK IN THE STATES is fired over cookies, the whole US of A will benefit from it, healthwise.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I wonder if she was a Chewlie's Gum representative? Did you get pelted with cookies by an angry, chanting mob?

Comment

Like you refusing to sell cookies to an overweight person is going to have any effect on that person's eating habits in the rest of his or her life, or in the case of a child, that child's parents allowing him or her to overeat or eat unhealthy food.
        He loves the world...except for all the people.
        --Men at Work

Comment

Had a letter like that the other day from someone pointing out that our use of palm oil in our own-brand spread was killing orang utans. That's palm oil from Indonesia, by the way, and even the notoriously corrupt Indonesian government estimates that only five percent of the world's palm oil fo rhuman consumption comes from there.

I wrote back to point out that if there's any acceptable commercial alternative available, please tell us what it is. It should be suitably insulting. We're also not going to change what we do until there's a genuine ethical source out there, and there damn well isn't.

Rapscallion
          Last edited by Rapscallion; 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Was she in a bakery or a supermarket? Also, she should complain to the manufacturers (sp?) who made the cookies instead of bitching to you!

you should sacrifice your job for the health of america
            If everybody did that, we would all be starving, broke, homeless, having debt up our asses, foreclosures Some people really need to THINK before saying something as stupid as that.

Comment

Considering the existence of McDonalds, I doubt your one store closing down would solve all the health problems of America.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

It would have been worth the price of the cookie to see the look on her face when offered one for free. Extra choklit chips if you tell her to choke on it when you hand it to her.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                  Was she in a bakery or a supermarket?
                  mrs. fields in the boise, idaho mall. i kinda wonder if she's done the same thing in the food court...
                  mrs fields: serving sarcasm one cookie at a time

"m'fashnik...is that like mm cookies?" ~dawn summers

Comment

I hate that. At my god-daughter's preschool, they want kids bringing carrot sticks instead of cupcakes and such for birthdays. WTF? A kid having a cupcake or other snack once in awhile doesn't make them fat. Neither does fast food per se. What makes kids fat are the parents who put a twinkie in their mouth to shut them up or by them fast food all the time and turn the pantry at home into a sugery wonderland. There's nothing wrong with snacks, but people need to learn limits. It's called restraint, people.

This is why Cookie Monster doesn't eat cookies anymore, because parents complained he was teaching kids bad habits. It's true, they blamed Sesame Street for making kids fat and now Cookie Monster eats vegetables.
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth megami View Post
                      aw: you shouldn't sell cookies to children or overweight people. it's unhealthy
                      [sarcasm]
                      Yes, how dare you sell something to people that is enjoyable and makes them feel good momentarily. How dare you sell something to a child that makes them smile or maybe as a reward from a parent for doing something good.
                      [/sarcasm]
                      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Oh, heaven help the person who gets between my fat tummy and a chocolate chip cookie.

Has that woman never experienced the bliss of warm, gooey confection? Just out of the oven, the chocolate drippy, with an ice cold glass of milk.... *happy sigh* Few things in life exceed that pleasure.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                          This is why Cookie Monster doesn't eat cookies anymore, because parents complained he was teaching kids bad habits. It's true, they blamed Sesame Street for making kids fat and now Cookie Monster eats vegetables.
                          Aargh! That drives me nuts!

Cookie Monster is a flipping monster! And a puppet! He can't get fat.... *grumble-growl-snarl* Most kids understand that fact. It's the parents that can't seem to understand make-believe.

Seriously, the reason we have fat kids is because adults use food as a punishment or reward and it's been going on for generations. Food is food and should be treated responsibly.

I'll shut up now, 'cause anything else would need to go to fratching.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                            Of course, don't you know that these days, parenting is a "sometimes" job?
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Sorry Mike, it's not a "sometimes" job, it's an "optional" job.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X