X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth air914 View Post
    her "handicap" was a broken leg??
    No, sounds like she's paralyzed from the neck up.

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
    Yeah I got an aunt pulling the handicapped card.
    My ex has been doing that lately as well. She is missing part of her foot, as a result of an unfortunate accident involving a lawnmower when she was 2. My son tells me she has been calling her mother and guilting her into giving her money, and whining about how "Maybe I'd be able to get a job if you hadn't cut off my foot!"

There are several things wrong with that excuse:

1: I've seen people who are missing a lot more than that who are able to work. People who are missing an entire leg or two, people with only one functioning arm... hell, they even hired a couple of blind cashiers in our cafeteria. Sadly, some people have been ripping them off, but that's a whole other story.

2. She acts like she's severely handicapped, and she's not. True, she has trouble getting around, but a lot of that is because she has let her weight almost double since I first met her. I know with some people, it's caused by some kind of medical condition that they have no control of, but in her case, she simply easts all kinds of junk, and doesn't take care of herself. Before she put on all that weight, she could get around just fine. In fact, she was actually in gymnastics in high school.

One of these times I should tell her that if she keeps waving her foot around like that, the rest of it's going to fall off.

Quoth volatile View Post
    This post gets my nomination to be a "War Story"
    *Ahem*

Quoth From the sticky in the War Stories section
    You can nominate a post or tale for War Story status, but do it privately to a moderator, please. Don't contact several moderators, or repeatedly argue for a War Story status - we'll get annoyed if you do. If you get told 'no', we mean 'no' - don't be offended, since it's probably going to happen to many tales.

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
    I couldn't put my finger on what was bothering me about this story yesterday, because my brain was so damn tired, but this morning it came to me....cause I dated (one date) this guy that acted just like this and I ran, but that didn't stop him from trying (to the tune of stalking me for months).
    I didn't want to quote your entire post, but my ex was just like that. Well, not all the time. She was bipolar, and while she was the sweetest person imaginable on her good days, she was a classic manipulator on her bad ones. I know of the quiz you mention, and she fit quite a few of the questions on it.

Quoth bannedanna View Post
    She was a really smart, talented girl, but slowly evolved into a life-ruining hellbeast who would drain your life of joy and who ruined anything she touched.

I have another aunt who is OCD, Bipolar AND borderline. I haven't even seen her since I was like 10, but the whole family shuns her because if you do even one kind thing for her she;ll latch on like a leech and suck you dry, and then complain that it wasn't enough.
    Both of these sound like her as well. My son figured her out quite some time ago, and wants nothing to do with her now. He's a smart kid, I figured he'd get to that point eventually, but thought it was a few years away.

Quoth thewomaninagreenhat View Post
    This woman certainly has some serious personality problems, and so does the man. I dont feel sorry for him at all, because either he could get out of the situation, or he is there because he likes it.

Some people are just twisted in their minds, and they need to be treated badly in one way or another.
    It's not always that black and white. I've been there myself, and it wasn't that I liked it. In fact, I hated it. But I was so afraid to be alone, putting up with it seemed like a lesser evil. And she knew this, so any time I tried to stand up to her, she'd threaten to leave. I'm not sure who I hated more -- her for doing it to me, or myself for letting her. But even a doormat wears out after awhile, and each time it happened, I would distance myself a little more from her, until I got to the point where I really didn't want to be with her anymore. I still remember the day she tried to play the "Maybe I should move out" card, and this time I agreed with her. You could have knocked her over with a feather.

The other thing is that they usually don't start out that way. I certainly wouldn't have attracted myself to her if she had. I'd think to myself, "Wow, she's a bitch!" and move on. She started out as the sweetest person you'd ever want to meet, but she started to gradually change over time, almost too much for me to even notice at first. And even when I did, I had trouble getting myself to belief that the one I loved so much could do that to me.

It was bad enough that her own family and most of her friends were siding with me. In fact, one of her former friends is my best friend now, and has been a member of CS in the past, and has recently rejoined. Her name is Denyelle, and has registered here under her own name. She hasn't posted anything yet that I've seen, but she is in the photo album.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

What's wrong with that woman is no little thing.

Scary thought--how much she owes the guy in the wheelchair.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X