This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may be terminal. For me.

Sometimes, things happen at a hotel that are so stupid, I almost want to kill myself in case it's contagious. Tonight's entry was extra special, even though I only heard about it hours after the fact.

Dinner is being served in our dining room. Someone asks an employee if we have a sharp knife, and he stupidly doesn't ask why they want it, and gives them a serrated knife. The idiots take it, and then proceed to cut a CAST off of their daughter, cutting her in the process, right in the middle of the dining room. So now, while people are eating, the dining room has been filled with crying (because she's been cut), blood (again, cut with a KNIFE), cast debris, and an odor like the end of the universe has come forth.

These same idiots, naturally are shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, that the hotel management AND other guests around them are all pissed. I'm just waiting to hear back that they took the cast off too early, and are trying to blame the hotel for handing them a knife.

I can't even...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

WTF? My understanding is that you go to the doctor to get a cast removed. A knife is the wrong tool for the job - there's an oscillating saw which will cut through hard material (i.e. the cast), but if it touches flesh accidentally the amount of movement is small enough that the flesh will wiggle back and forth without being cut.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What on earth? Okay, maybe the Dr charges for each appt, and it'll cost extra to get the cast off. But why would you need to do this in a hotel restaurant? You could just as easily pick up a "disposable" knife from the dollar tree, and it would work just as well.

Comment

They had to be doing that to be spiteful. Who cuts off a cast in public while people are eating, knowing how bad it smells. They couldve done that in private

Comment

These people are not from the human gene pool. They're from the human stupid pool, down, way down in the deep end.
          "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
          "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

If I had been a diner in that restaurant, as soon as the knife hit the cast I'd have been calling the police. "Child abuse" Then I'd have gotten the manager(s) of the restaurant and the hotel, then I'd have gotten the contact info for these . . . gods, I can't even think of a word! . . . so I could sue them for potential contamination of my meal and pain and suffering for having to witness that.

Then I'd have started work on getting that kid taken away from them.

Hmmmmm. . . .

Sometimes I think I'm a little tired of the human race. What do you think?

Comment

It amazes me the stupidity parents have. You honestly can't wait to get home to cut off your child's cast? Instead, nope! Have to do it in public!

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                Someone asks an employee if we have a sharp knife, and he stupidly doesn't ask why they want it, and gives them a serrated knife. The idiots take it, and then proceed to cut a CAST off of their daughter, cutting her in the process, right in the middle of the dining room.
                What kind of idiot does medical procedures in a dining room?! Doesn't matter what kind, you don't even clip your fingernails where other people are eating!!! Why the hell could they not wait until they saw the doctor to have it removed? The doctor has the correct tools and training for the job; a dumbass with a serrated kitchen knife most definitely does not.

I feel sorry for the kid, having such imbeciles for parents. She hasn't got a chance.
                Quoth morgana View Post
                Sometimes I think I'm a little tired of the human race. What do you think?
                Can't say I blame you, especially with such sterling specimens around.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I....what....they....

Sorry, my face just went for several minutes.

What in the freakin' HELL? Who does that???
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's stories like this which make me try to imagine the thought process (for lack of a better term) behind it. "Lala, eat dinner, mmm food! Hmm cast! Time to take off... What, why upset people, jeez, what's the problem?" They have absolutely no concept of actions and consequences, or appropriate behavior. None. And at this point in their life, they will never learn. Faith in humanity is now in the negative...

This kind of thing is why we can't let anyone touch scissors in the store. Used to be, if you bought the fabric, you could come back and use the nice big cutting table, as long as it was a slow day. But at some point someone did something like in the OP and now everyone is treated like pre-schoolers. No sharp objects!
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Maybe I'm being mindlessly optimistic but I can see a TINY bit of logic here if the cast was on the girl's arm or hand and was preventing her from being able to use her utensils to eat.

Granted that still doesn't make removing it in the restaurant a sensible course of action (or explain why her parents didn't just help her eat) so yeah these folk were idiots regardless.

Comment

*facepalms* A cast saw uses vibration to "cut" the cast and not the skin. I feel for this kid, having parents too stupid to at least use Google before cutting. I feel even more for the people around the family, because they were eating! *gag*
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

wth...

I'll pull my own stitches resulting from ER visits (knives, hatchets, axes and a band saws don't really mix with fingers and legs). But there's no way in hell I'd attempt to remove a cast no matter much one irritated me (again). You can learn to eat and do a lot with the non-dominant hand with a little work, it ain't pretty but it's possible.

Comment

These ppl are the type to say lol!!! #lmao when they saw thru the girls arm.
                            *makes note to self to never give sharp item to guest no matter how much they whine*
                            I saw someone use scissor to cut off a cast but never a knife :/
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

If I didn't have the special cast saw available to me and cast removal was urgent for some reason, I'd be willing to try with bandage scissors.
                              In a serious pinch, I'd consider using ordinary scissors.

A knife? Towards the end of the long list of options.

... and this presumes that I cannot get the person with the cast to a medical facility. Which is really unlikely.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X