This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
    For some customers who apparently aren't aware......books and DVDs are shelved with the spine label facing outward.
    Bit of trivia - books used to be shelved with the spine facing inward. This was done so the chain wouldn't hang out the front of the bookcase. Yep, back before printing presses, books were copied by hand - making them so valuable that they needed to be kept locked up.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I know they let you in here for coffee before I'm open (or even here ), but that doesn't give you the authority to tell me there's a customer waiting. I just got here, an not open, and you are a customer, not my boss.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Today was apparently "suggest things to an employee who is really tired and doesn't care" day!

Lady #1: You should get some kind of express line at the cutting counter.
        Me: *sigh*
        Lady #1: Yeah, it could be that counter there *points to counter by itself* and people wouldn't take a number because it would go so fast, since people would only have one thing to cut!
        What I said: Yeah, that sounds good.
        What I thought: I agree with the concept, but having worked here a while, I know it would just confuse and anger people. One item can still take a while to cut, and then if a person had questions it would take longer. This would work if we had a stopwatch set to one or two minutes, but even then only fast cutters competent with the handhelds could do it. Maybe if we had an employee ask every single person what they're buying and if they have questions, then the employee could direct them to this fictional express lane. We've also just become the DMV.

Lady #2: Oh, this is cotton I have to pre-wash. You know, you should sell pre-washed fabric here!
        Me: *smile and nod*
        Lady #2: They could just wash it right in the factory!
        Me: *smile and nod*
        What I was thinking: Really, think about where these are being made... I would wash my fabric anyway.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Some shriveled-up, toothless battle axe: Can't you see how many people are waiting in line? Open more registers!

Look, lady, and I use that term as loosely as I possibly can, we have already had 7 people call out today. SEVEN. Because of this two people are working 12-hour shifts and another is working 17 hours so we can have barely adequate coverage today. Everybody who can leave the floor is already on a register, so shut up and wait. Or go back to Walmart.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I know I should be in here shopping quietly and paying attention to that rather than yelling at some fucking crackhead ass on my phone but he's driving me to it. And I don't care if everyone's looking at me as if I'm crazy . . . they should meet this fucking crackhead ass that causing all this drama and they'll understand instead of looking at me as if I'm a walking episode of Jerry Springer.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• *hugs DGoddess*

(unless I misunderstood and that was someone else being a loudmouth, sometimes I miss sarcasm/figurative language. But you're still cool.)

*hugs and cookies all around* because people make you crazy.

I used to work in the toys section at a thrift store. There was no keeping it organized. I think the cheaper something is, the more people will paw at it until it breaks/shreds/loses pieces.
              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 10-20-2015, 02:35 AM. Reason: adding/clarifying
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• It's really cute how you thought we could fit that big, heavy wardrobe into your Chevy Cavalier by pushing it through the passenger door and angling it into the back seat.

When that turned out to be a flaming pile of fail, you left and came back with a van...with a massive speaker behind the back seat, so we had to wrestle it through the side door and then angle it into the van.

My back and legs think you're not particularly bright. Have fun getting that thing back out again.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Putting your c/c into the reader before telling me what you want will, strangely enough, not make the authorisation process any faster. If we could just take random amounts off your card for no good reason, somehow I doubt you'd be so willing!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Clients of mine--you are not special. You are not a snowflake. Remember when I said I would no longer meet with clients on Fridays, and I even gave you a weeks notice and then I even gave you the benefit of the doubt for 2 weeks?

I'm not making an exception for you. In my handy computer, I can see where you are at any given moment. Did you think I didn't know you sat on grounds until 3 pm on Monday, and took a pass on Tuesday and Wednesday at noon? You had PLENTY of time to see me. enjoy your write up

Comment

• A few related ones:
                      - Enunciate. Speak clearly, preferably while facing me so I can make a more educated guess at which of the half-dozen homophonic stations you're asking about.
                      - Project. If I say I can't hear you, it means you need to say it louder, not just repeat the same shy refrain. Why are you so ashamed of your destination? Be loud & proud!
                      - Be specific. Phrase your enquiry like... Well, like an enquiry! Use it in the form of a sentence. If you state a station name alone, I can make any of a dozen assumptions as to what you're asking about, and be guaranteed that whichever I pick is wrong. You're being terse because you're in a hurry? How does me giving you entirely inappropriate information get you in your way any faster?
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• The lady in front of you isn't even done paying. Stop trying to shove your cart up her butt. When she's done she can't even pick up her bag because your cart is blocking her. And don't hand me your shoes. I have to put them down on the counter to scan them anyway. I don't have a scanner in my forehead.

I'm walking away from the front lanes with purse in hand. I'm not working. Fine, I'll answer your question. If you aren't actually listening to what I'm saying, you'll have to struggle to find the item on your own. I'm not even salesfloor today anyway.

To those of you who paid for a bus trip from another state to come shopping here: you chose to do so, at cost to you. Why do you all complain to me that you're tired of shopping all day? Yeah, your life is so hard.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Why do you all complain to me that you're tired of shopping all day? Yeah, your life is so hard.
                          Seriously?! Poor babies.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• *sigh* Lady, why do you feel the need to complain to me about online ordering? Actually, this is a common complaint, but I don't have ANY CONTROL OVER IT. I know that you don't like that you have to choose either free shipping or 60% off one item. Again, I don't control this, whyyyyy are you acting like I personally chose to do this just to piss you off?

I used to suggest writing corporate, since that's the only way anything will get changed. But I don't now. Because you all freaking complain about my specific store, and the we get in trouble! So now I just put on my *I agree with you, but am helpless* mask and don't say anything.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• For your information, when the power goes out, that means that we are closed. I'm sorry you're running on fumes but I have bigger things to worry about. Like, for example, the fact that the entire electrical system has blown and my colleague and I are stumbling about in the darkness with torches. Go down the road.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                                To those of you who paid for a bus trip from another state to come shopping here: you chose to do so, at cost to you. Why do you all complain to me that you're tired of shopping all day? Yeah, your life is so hard.
                                Hey, here's an idea: DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR DAY, YOU BIG DUMMIES!
                                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                                --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                                X