Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I really started a conversation. Perhaps my rant should've had it's own thread! Seriously, though, that was gross. Actually, gross doesn't begin to describe it. I just hope they keep their gross chew spit away from me today!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Mr. I'm Going to Cancel when the Promo Expires Unless You Give me Better Deals: You and everyone like you are the reason we no longer have nice things. Yes, our current 3 month promo sucks. Yes, we no longer have 6 month or 1 year promos with month to month customers. Why? You keep cancelling when the promo is done! We can't afford you!

Go to our main competitor. See if I care.

Comment

• That's why special introductory offers need a "cooldown" period. Either have it be tied to a contract (with ETF) of 3-4 times the period covered by the discount, or have it that once the offer expires, the customer has to discontinue service for 2-3 times the offer period before they're eligible for another introductory offer.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I just spent all day agonizing pain yesterday. Today it's gone but will be back because selfish people on the lower level of the bus are blocking seats with bags they could fit in their laps and I had to haul my cart up the stairs. The reason I have it is to carry stuff too heavy for me.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            selfish people on the lower level of the bus are blocking seats with bags they could fit in their laps and I had to haul my cart up the stairs.
            2-step process:

1) "Excuse me, could you move your bag so I can sit down?"

2A) "Thank you" as you sit in the now empty seat.
            2B) Sit on the bag.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Stop whining for more cookies. You are grown adults with good jobs. There are 4 retail locations within 3 blocks of our hotel that sell cookies. Including one open 24 hours. We carry them in our gift shop too. Go BUY SOME if you want them that dang badly. I don't have time to bake more.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• To someone from church:

I know you aren't doing this to be sucky, but if you're bringing books to donate to the library, please DO NOT just stack them up outside the bookdrop return slots. They either need to be brought inside the library and taken to the customer service desk, or you can put them in the special "Book Donations" bin we have in the parking lot.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Ugh, chewing tobacco is so revolting. Honestly, I'd rather have someone light up a cigarette in front of me (and I hate cigarette smoke!) than talking around a mouthful of chaw and dribbling black slime into a cup.

Chewing tobacco was a big fad when I was in high school. There was a group who called themselves Cowboys, wore western gear, walked bowlegged (I'd bet good money the closest any of them had been to riding a horse was the carousel at the State Fair!), spoke in an exaggerated southern drawl, listened to country music and spat tobacco juice everywhere, leaving the used chaws in other people's locker vents and the drinking fountain spigots. All the other groups -- Stoners, Jocks, Nerds, Preppies, Valley Girls, Goths -- were united in their hatred for the Cowboys and their disgusting habit.
                  Ah, Goat Ropers, such lovely memories. Not. The water fountains in the vo-tech area of high school always had wads of disgusting chewing tobacco in them.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• Do you have any idea of how ridiculous you look when you whine to me like a stroppy teenager, when you're older than my mum? It makes you look stupid, you don't get what you want, and everyone laughs at you when you finally storm out.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

• We only have four gas pumps. If you could not park in front of one of them when you're not getting gas, that'd be great, thanks.
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                        To someone from church:

I know you aren't doing this to be sucky, but if you're bringing books to donate to the library, please DO NOT just stack them up outside the bookdrop return slots. They either need to be brought inside the library and taken to the customer service desk, or you can put them in the special "Book Donations" bin we have in the parking lot.
                        This happens ALL THE TIME at the book/clothing donation bins at work...people will arrive there with boxes/bags filled with "donations" (aka "crap that we can't find a dumpster for"), find out that they're full, and instead of taking that stuff home and coming back another way when there will be room, they just leave them there next to the bins. Meaning the next time it rains or snows, said "donation" will be completely ruined.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          This happens ALL THE TIME at the book/clothing donation bins at work...people will arrive there with boxes/bags filled with "donations" (aka "crap that we can't find a dumpster for"), find out that they're full, and instead of taking that stuff home and coming back another way when there will be room, they just leave them there next to the bins. Meaning the next time it rains or snows, said "donation" will be completely ruined.
                          That's why the charities pulled the bins from my town.

Comment

• Speaking of donation bins, I have a good story from yesterday..

Apparently someone mistook our large, clearly marked "Book Donations" bin as a place to return their library materials. The only reason this was caught was one of our volunteers was sorting through donations, and brought them to me because they didn't have a "discard" stamp, and the barcode wasn't blacked out.

(as far as I know, this customer hadn't complained about their "returned" books not being checked in)

Comment

• If I EVER figure out who keeps unplugging all the goddamn headphones in the level 2 south gallery, I SWEAR I will throttle them with the cords. EVERY time I go in there! No matter what time of day!

Is someone fucking with me? Does no one else ever notice the cords all over the floor? Why ONLY that gallery and no others?? Maintenance swears it's not their doing and it's driving me crazy.

Comment

• This is where you invest in a cheap Nannycam (or similar) and stick it somewhere unobtrusive. Review at a later date and rain hellfire on repeat offenders.
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X