Clear All

she could have asked for the cheese to be put in a cup
    The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

Quoth irateguy View Post
      she could have asked for the cheese to be put in a cup
      Um... then you'd have a solid mass of formerly-melted cheese.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
        PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
        it's a scam, pure and simple.
        A scam that shouldn't work but all too sadly often does.
        Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 11:35 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Um... then you'd have a solid mass of formerly-melted cheese.

^-.-^
          Mmmm....cheese shot....

Comment

While I freely admit to having a soft spot for Velveeta... I really feel sorry for anyone who has never made nachos with real cheddar.

What's the deal with Velveeta's reputation as 'trashy' food, anyways? Last I checked, it was not cheaper than real cheddar.

Comment

the reason Velvetta has its reputation is because it isn't actually cheese . . . for a long time it was used in caseroles to make the meal last a little longer / act as a filler. It seems that most over processed not really anything natural or nutritional to them foods tend to get the reputation of being "trashy" foods.

Processed Cheese Food does not refer to just Velvetta . . . Cheese Wiz, Spray Cheese, some sliced cheeses, the can nacho sauce . . . all fit into that category.

Personally I like to make mine where the cheese is almost over done - where it bubbles . . .and becomes almost crispy itself . . . yummmy

Comment

Mmmm.... Easy Cheese is yummy stuff. I like mine on Ritz.

And Velveeta makes a shells & cheese that's outstanding and is even better with tuna added.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  SC: Look thats not right?
                  Me: What isnt right?
                  SC: Why are they stuck together?
                  Me: Melted cheese...
                  SC: MELTED CHEESE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!!

Me: Oh, I think you have the wrong number, we're not a hotel.
                  SC: So you can't give me a room?.....................................
                  SC: Why can't you do it?
                  Me: I can't, now I'm afraid I must be going. Good luck.
                  Awww, damn! *wipes off screen* There goes Rule #1 - shot to hell!!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                    Or the Nacho-flavored Doritoes.
                    That's what I was thinking...

Now, Doritos have their place and all but melty-cheesy nachos with just a bit of halupeenyo pepper...yum...

you know melted cheese food product stays runny and doesn't cause the Nacho's to stick together
                    that's cuz it's mostly oil...ick
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-03-2007, 10:34 PM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Xarthedia View Post
                      Beavis and Butthead had more brains that most SC's, though.
                      And that ain't saying much
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                        the reason Velvetta has its reputation is because it isn't actually cheese . . . for a long time it was used in caseroles to make the meal last a little longer / act as a filler. It seems that most over processed not really anything natural or nutritional to them foods tend to get the reputation of being "trashy" foods.

Processed Cheese Food does not refer to just Velvetta . . . Cheese Wiz, Spray Cheese, some sliced cheeses, the can nacho sauce . . . all fit into that category.
                        Two random thoughts, my ex-husband was totally into Velvetta and I think that's why I don't eat it/think of it as food, and I can not take a long car trip without spray cheese and ritz crackers, it's like a rule.

Jinxy
                        That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
                        http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
                        http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

Warning:
                          I'm the same way with beef jerky. God knows if it's actually beef (I like to imagine it is), or what's been done to it (I like not to imagine... period) but if I'm driving anywhere longer than a town run (e.g. to and from school, a 2-hour trip each way) I like to have some to snack on.
                          More off-topic: I have noticed that some things which seem terrible for you aren't so bad. Beef jerky is high in protein and low in fat, but the trouble is the sodium... unless you're me, and you don't absorb sodium hardly at all so you need all you can get. T.G.I. Friday's bacon and cheddar potato skin chips are ok too. Aside from their complete lack of anything good for you, they're not that bad.
                          /OT

But as for cheese: gotta agree about the bubbliness. Especially with a dorm room microwave as my only readily-available means of heating things up. Hot Sauce from Hell: Devil's Revenge (just a splash) combined with medium salsa makes a good dip for the cheese-covered tortilla chips (since that's as close to nachos as I can regularly get) too.
                          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth Jinxy View Post
                            and I can not take a long car trip without spray cheese and ritz crackers, it's like a rule.
                            For me? Chips-Ahoy, single sleeve packs, from a gas-station, and a black cherry slurpee/freeze thing from a QT.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              halupeenyo pepper
                              Don't you mean "jolly-penises"?

*runs*
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
                                What's the deal with Velveeta's reputation as 'trashy' food, anyways? Last I checked, it was not cheaper than real cheddar.
                                It's tasty and affordable, hence no snob appeal.

The same thing happened to mayonnaise. It used to be something you could only get fresh in expensive restaurants. Then someone figured out how to make it affordable and put it in jars.

If caviar came in quart jars for $3.95 no one would eat it.
                                Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
                                X