X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lehk
    why do you accept her returns?
    You're preaching to the choir here.
    I get to deal with the crap that comes back.
    Our store, (in fact our whole company), has a very lenient return policy that caters to the customer.

There are a few times when a return has been denied, but for the most part, returns get OK'd with out a hassle.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Lehk is right, light bulb and video tape times are situation-based. Lots of times too the video tapes will state exactly how much time (on each recording setting) you get, and if I remember correctly it's often one or two minutes below the advertised time -- If it were me I'd probably sit there and read the fine print on the package to her just to proove it. With a smile, of course.

Comment

Quoth Coconut
        Reminds me of a story I heard once (didn't actually see this myself) that a woman came in our store, returning 2,000 Flushes.

"This only lasted 1,472 flushes," she claimed.
        I'd tell her it was only guaranteed for all flushes in the YEAR 2000
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth Coconut
          Reminds me of a story I heard once (didn't actually see this myself) that a woman came in our store, returning 2,000 Flushes.

Blatant false advertising, I tell you!!!!!!!!!
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Coconut

Maybe the woman had 'a lot to purge' which caused the product to work overtime to compensate for the heavier loads. The '2000 flushes' guarantee probably only applies to normally-sized flushings!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth Ree
              She's retired.

Someone told me she was a retired teacher, but I don't know if that's true.
              I dunno... I have several friends and family that are teachers (my future wife, one of my best friends, another best friend's wife, future mother in law, aunts, uncle). Most of the people that work in the education field tend to be fairly laid back. When dealing with the kids that we have to deal with, being anal just doesn't work.

If this woman is indeed a retired teacher, I weap for her students.

Comment

Mooooooooonk!

Comment

The VHS tapes coming up short I can understand. The tape is exactly 4 hours long, but there's leader tape at the beginning and end that prevents you from recording exactly 4 hours. But of the 6.2 billion people on this planet, roughly 6.2 billion wouldn't give a hoot if the tape was a couple minutes short of four hours.

You can prevent yourself from getting 'cheated' if you spend hours and hours testing every single product you buy. But that's when you've got to ask yourself if you should be choosing your battles.
                  "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

WOW! What more can you say?? I mean, when I call the insurance co. or maybe my bank or something I might try to document some things - like I spoke to such and such and she/he told me - and we spoke on this date - just b/c if you have some documentation you can sort of "prove" to the company that you aren't lying - and sometimes when you have documentation they can't say "no one told you that.... or who told you that? or when did you call - I don't have record of that"...... b/c sometimes I think they try to cheat you as well....... BUT I wouldn't be counting the hours used on my lightbulbs....... that's just WAAAAY too much time on her hands! Does she do this for ALL products? I mean, I guess that would keep her busy all day....... but it's sad she's got nothing better to do in life.......

Comment

Working...
                    X