This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't block the backroom doors

So last night I had to help unload a truck. We got everything unloaded and started taking the full carts and pallets of freight out to the salesfloor.

While we were doing this I observed a guy and his wife look at the folding lawn chairs, which are stocked right next to the recieving doors. They took a chaise lounge off the shelf, unfolded it and sat in it to see how comfortable it was--right in front of the recieving doors.

I happened to be lugging a large pallet of lawn and garden chemicals and hose reels when I encountered these two dry-pool diving team members.

Me: Excuse me.
    SCs: You can wait!
    Me: I don't care if you want to try that thing out before you buy it, but could you please do it someplace else? We need to be coming in and out with stuff.
    SCs: Don't you know? The customer is always right! What kind of customer service is this?
    Me: Whatever it is, it's all that's keeping me from running you over with this half ton of stuff I have behind me.
    SCs: Such a smart mouth! We're going to talk to your manager!

Guess what? Either that was an empty threat, or the manager just blew them off, because I haven't heard a peep about it from anybody!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Well, at least it ended happily.

Honestly, how stupid and rude can people BE?

Oh, wait. I know the answer to that. I'm registered here, after all. I know.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Ok, i could see testing out a recliner, but a folding lawn chair? Aren't they all the same?

You should of ran them over.

Oh and BTW, Barth rules!

Comment

It should be legal to carry a whiffle bat to whap upside the head of anyone who plays the "the customer is always right" card when they're being asshats.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Yeah, I REALLY hate people who use that. It's a saying from a department store ad campaign from a generation or more ago, and it's so pervasive now people think it's a universal law or something.

Glad to hear you got away with giving them some of what they deserved, IPF. Wootness!
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I believe Sam Walton (the Wal-Mart guy) made that phrase famous. As if there wasn't already enough reasons to hate that guy.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Thank you for the use of "asshat" and "whifflebat". I'm not allowed to use either at work.
              "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                Ok, i could see testing out a recliner, but a folding lawn chair? Aren't they all the same?
                No, I did try some out one time years ago, but not in front of the recieving doors. I was going to an outdoor concert and wanted a chair that would be comfortable for several hours, and easy to carry. I settled on one similar to this one.

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                  I believe Sam Walton (the Wal-Mart guy) made that phrase famous. As if there wasn't already enough reasons to hate that guy.
                  And if that wasn't bad enough, Stew Leonard's has it literally set in stone in some of their dairy stores...
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I don't know what it is about dumbasses and doorways, they're simply magnetically attracted. At least 10 times a day I'm pushing stuff around and there's two or 10 dumbasses right in the doorway, mindlessly chattering away, two feet away from a perfectly usable open area where they'd be blocking nothing. And every single time, every single one of them gets a shit sniffing scowl on their face for my rude and gross interuption.
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

They pull that stuff on the bus, too.

It is almost a requirement that the largest person currently on the bus will be the one to take up a station in front of the rear doors. Even though there are seats further back. And this person will invariably have a backpack that they will not take off for any reason, so you have to squeeze yourself past him to get off the bus. And when this person does attempt to move out of the way, it is always towards the front of the bus, even though that's where the people are coming from. It's like any point past the rear doors of the bus are anathema, and they can't pass that line.

Oh, and when there are no seats left, half the people who are stuck standing do so at the very front of the bus! And they'll take up stations on each side so that people have to squeeze through to get on at all.

I'm not kind. I don't squeeze and will quite blithely bump 'em on the way by. If they can't get out of the way, I'm not gonna bother, either.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A woman left her baby in it's pram in front of our stock room doors while she chatted to her friend earlier, and got really snotty when one of my colleagues asked her to move it so she get get the trolley piled high with boxes and bottles back into the stockroom.
                        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
                        X