SC: "…um………."
    Me: "……"
    SC: "……"

Moments later:

Me: "and your postal code?"
    SC: "…um………."
    Me: "……"
    SC: "……"

Well, I guess at the very least you're consistent. I had high hopes for this one too. It was from Nunavut but not a flagged postal code. So she wasn't out in god knows where, surrounded by polar bears, beer cans, bacon and failure, accessible only by aircraft and/or parachute. Alas, my hopes were crushed. It seems that the only thing that changes in the more densely populated areas of Nunavut is the chance of being brutally mauled and dragged off by polar bears. The beer cans, bacon and failure seem to extend to every corner of the arctic tundra. Regardless of how close to achieving actual civilization it is.

Cell Phones <shakes fist at Kara>

SC: "Oh hi, I just got this phone about two months ago?"
    Me: "Ok."
    SC: "and you know that thing where you have to dial the area code when you call long distance? I want that removed."
    Me: "….ok?"

Oh wow, just wow. I have to take a step back and admire that one. You sounded so normal at first too, I was actually ready to graciously assist you. Then you blindside me with a request that makes my brain come to a screeching halt. Not cool man, not cool. I could have had an aneurysm or something. Then where would you be? Talking to dead air or at least listening to me gurgle on my desk for a few moments before I slip into the sweet embrace of death and finally know the peace and quiet I've always longed for.

Hey, do me a favour would you? If I ever reach the point where I'm so anal I find it an inconvenience to dial 3 extra numbers just drag me out to the parking lot behind the office and beat me with my desk phone till I stop moving and leave a stain on the pavement. Thanks.

I'm in your account, sharding your purples.
    ( We have a client whose number is one off from WoW's customer service line.... )

No, this is not Blizzard Entertainment. I cannot assist you with your World of Warcraft account or your Night Elf Hunter. I find your wrong number amusing though so as a special favour just to you ( I don't do this for just anyone you know ) I will pray only for your character's death and not yours. For you, I'll merely hope that you fall down an up escalator and if you actually manage to reach the bottom we can only hope somehow your underwear will become snagged between the steps. I will, of course, award bonus points if the fire dept has to come to free you by cutting you out of your pants and undergarments. Extra style points if this occurs after the news crew with the camera arrives.

Amore

SC: "Can you cancel my 8:30 service call? I fixed it myself."

Good for you. Do you want a cookie? I have some you know. Chocolate chip at that! ( omigawd! ) I made them, with love, just for you. You know you want my love cookies. Come to Butthead.

Connecting the Dots

SC: "It's only 5am there? Where am I calling?"
    Me: "Vancouver, BC."
    SC: "and where are you?"
    Me: "….Vancouver, BC."

…..you seem to have mistaken me with some sort of multi-dimensional being capable of occupying multiple physical locations at the same time. Either that or you're just an idiot. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you beheld me as some sort of supreme being. That option's better for my self esteem.

Bonus

Me: "Good morning, <company name>."
    SC: "Hi."
    Me: "Hi."
    SC: "Have a nice day."
    Me: "….ok."
    SC: "Bye."
    Me: "Bye."

Wow, we skipped all the verbal butt monkey fiesta that usually comes in between. That was awesome. I wish I had more calls like that. Have a cookie.

Day 1 down....

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9605/beastdy0.jpg

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Don't blame me! I have to tolerate this 3 ring crap circus 40 hours a week!

Hey, do me a favour would you? If I ever reach the point where I'm so anal I find it an inconvenience to dial 3 extra numbers just drag me out to the parking lot behind the office and beat me with my desk phone till I stop moving and leave a stain on the pavement.
      I see your stupid phone customer and raise you a blithering idiot. Monday I got a call from a woman who wanted to cancel because she had to dial "1" before dialing the area code and number any time she made a call to a landline, even in her own town. That's the way the landline company in her area does things, it has nothing to do with us. But she thought it was ridiculous to have to dial 1 to call her neighbor across the street. She said she could save so much more time by going to another company. I'm no math whiz, but it seems to me this will only save about 3 minutes of her life. Provided she doesn't get to the point where she can no longer resist the urge to lick a power outlet. Oh, and she was under contract and willing to pay the termination fee. So she's saving time and money!

Thanks for reminding me. I didn't write this one down and forgot all about when I posted yesterday.

Me: "Good morning, <company name>."
      SC: "Hi."
      Me: "Hi."
      SC: "Have a nice day."
      Me: "….ok."
      SC: "Bye."
      Me: "Bye."
      That's like the perfect call. Why don't I ever get those?
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Kitty

Oh my, why do this to such a lovely knitted jumper and matching hat?
        ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
        Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

So she wasn't out in god knows where, surrounded by polar bears, beer cans, bacon and failure
          Note to self: store that line in memory for future use....

SC: "and you know that thing where you have to dial the area code when you call long distance? I want that removed."
          Wow, my head hurts is a way that I have never experienced before.
          The only logical solution for this guy (which, of course, may be beyond his grasp) is to add the long distance numbers to his speed dial. Only one button!

For you, I'll merely hope that you fall down an up escalator and if you actually manage to reach the bottom we can only hope somehow your underwear will become snagged between the steps.
          Are we talking Pacific Centre "too lazy to walk up ten steps" escalators, or the Granville St Skytrain station vertical escalators?

Come to Butthead.
          I have not heard that in ages! Loving it!

PS That is one freaky looking cat
          PPS Can I have a cookie too?
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

For you, I'll merely hope that you fall down an up escalator and if you actually manage to reach the bottom we can only hope somehow your underwear will become snagged between the steps. I will, of course, award bonus points if the fire dept has to come to free you by cutting you out of your pants and undergarments. Extra style points if this occurs after the news crew with the camera arrives.
            Also,

I was at the mall a couple of years ago and I happened to look down at the lower level in time to see this girl approaching the bottom of the escalator. She had on these boots with like 6 inch spiked heels. And she forgot to step off at the bottom, I don't know if she thought it was like the Jetsons and it would just take her through the whole mall, but one of her heels got caught. She almost fell over, and as she went forward the escalator tore the entire sole and heel right off the boot. Part of the heel broke off and got sucked under, so they had to close the escalator to get it out. Of course, the girl adjusted her hair and hobbled away as though nothing had happened.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Kara: Touche, my nefarious twin, touche.

Definitely Granville Station 4 story death escalator. ^^

Comment

awwwwwww you have a choo-choo bear!!!!

Comment

I see your naked cat and raise you a naked dog
                  Attached Files

Comment

Kara: Touche, my nefarious twin, touche.

Definitely Granville Station 4 story death escalator. ^^
                    Angel Tube Station. The long escalator has 197 foot vertical drop. You can ski down it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqQOlYE4EE
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Gee, this "area code thing" has only been in effect for, oh, several decades! You'd think this weak-fingered waffle-brain might just be used to the idea by now...

As much as I enjoy your posts, I'm sorry you have to deal with those nimrods. If not for CS, Gravekeeper, I think you would've exploded by now.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I wanna know the breed and weight on that benighted and bonneted feline.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        awwwwwww you have a choo-choo bear!!!!
                        Nah... that's gotta be Choo Choo Bear's evil cousin. He's far to skeletally enabled.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

yes but he looks like he can squish down and get under a door..... lol hes cute in an evil way.

Comment

Come to Butthead
                            I almost lost my cereal to that one...

I haven't heard that in years...
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                              I almost lost my cereal to that one...

I haven't heard that in years...

I'm just glad someone got it. Otherwise I'd feel old. ><

Not my cat ( Thank God ) nor will I ever own that breed now, sweet Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                              X