This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIR I CAN NOT DO THAT FOR YOU (long)

This actually happened to a couple monthes ago but since i was having a major Deja vu day to day i felt the need to post.

Ok this happened back when i was working mornings and there for lunch rush. So at lunch rush i would work counter because people liked me. This day was kind of busy... six people already waiting for food, six or seven behind the SC of the story and about 5 people in drive thru with god only knows how many waiting. So my manager L was out front helping a someone i will call Billy just because i cant remember who it was fill orders to get them out fast.

So our SC walks in with a little girl who will have one line because well shes a little girl and it was too busy for me to care about what she does.

YI- Ye Olde Idiot
    PK- possible kindergartener
    Me- duh
    L- manager, scary tall manager woman

Me- Hi, Welcome to JIB. How can I help you today?
    YI- What do you want?
    PK- ummmmmmm a three!!! (bye bye little girl)
    YI- I want three number threes with cokes
    Me- (internal- OH THANK YOU GOD ITS EASY)
    Me- ohhh kay, that'll be $xx.xx, *hands over three medium cups* would you like that for here or to go?
    YI- Whats this? *Points to the cups*
    Me- uh your medium drinks sir? (how can you not know that?)
    YI- I said three medium cokes.
    Me- I know. The soda station is right over there. Did you want to eat here or would you like your meal to go?
    YI- *shoves the cups towards me.* I said three medium cokes.
    Me- I know sir. Those are medium cups, you take them over to the soda station and fill them. Now for here or to go. *pushes the cups back to him*
    YI- *shoves them back (what is this? a game of 'Hot Potatoe'? I am so not being paid to play this this guy)* I want three medium cokes.
    Me- Sir I don't know of any fastfood resturant chain around here with a walk in lobby that prepares drinks for you. I can't fill them for you, you have to fill them yourself. *i hand the cups over and cast a look of appology to my regulars stuck behind him* Now would you like to eat here or leave?
    YI- *Hands the cups back* I WANT THREE MEDIUM COKES!
    Me- *hands the cups over yet again* Sir, as you can see we are very busy right now. Even if i could fill your drinks for you (which there is no way in hell i would do now- ME THINKING AGAIN) I CAN NOT DO SO. I can't leave the counter. Now please sir, would like this to go or not? i need to finish the order
    YI- *THROWS THE CUPS IN MY FACE AND THEN YELLS VERY LOUDLY* I WANT THREE @%*$^#! MEDIUM COKES!!!!! and gives me this look i don't even want to deciefer and clenches his fists and moves way to close for my liking at this point.
    Now i only have three thoughts in my head 1) i really dont want to explain to the little girl why grand pa's arm is bent all funny and why hes using such weird words (i know about 5 different ways to break a mans arm) 2) i really don't want to explain this situation to the cops (when im explaining why i broke a mans arm and then continued to take orders) and 3) I REALLY dont want to explain to L how i know how to break a mans arm, like i didnt want to explain how i know how to jimmy the 20's slot, and why the police are in the resteraunt.
    Luckly i dindt have to preform any of these acts ( those i really really wish i got to do that arm breaking thing) because L appeared behind me, having heard the man yelling and whispered this
    L- Slice, whats the matter here.
    Me- *turn around and give her a look i only gave her once when i was about to cry because three guys where harrassing me, i know the look and perform only in this situations, when if i dont get help soon, someone is going to be crying, mostly me but them too* This man is upset that i gave him cups instead of the drinks them selves.
    L- *looks at the man, then the crowd behind him then the cups* Whats the drink? (i almost broke her arm)
    Me- um cokes....
    L- *grabs the cokes* I'll fill them *gives me a wink i dont understand* Ring him up to go.
    Me- *does what was told but pissed at manager*
    I fill the next seven orders in half the time it took the SC to yell at me and i glance out od the corner of my eye and see why L did that.
    She fills the sodas, and then leaves them next to fry station. The hot fry station. So they will get warm and flat. She hands over the food and the WARM FLAT drinks and tells the man if he ever sets foot on out property again he will be arrested for tresspassing and harrassment.

The look on his face as he took the first sip as he was leaving was priceless.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 05-13-2007, 05:17 AM.

3 cokes.

That was beautifully handled by your manager, but I would have thrown him the f#*k out as soon as he started to get abusive, thats just ridiculous behavior.

Comment

We get the drinks for customers where I work, I guess because it's very busy and we'd have to have a lot of soda fountains or else it'd take ages for anyone to get their drinks, and also cos there's other fast food places two doors and four doors down from us. I'm talking five yards from our entrance, there's the entrance to the next one. So people would just refill cups from other places, or their own cups/bottles, whatever they could get away with. That'd be the subject of a million posts from me, I'm sure.

Not many places here let you fill your own drink, and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I'm handed an empty cup because then I can mix coke/fanta (orange stoda)/diet coke to my taste. And then refill it several times, yay. I'd never ask an employee to mix sodas for me.
      Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
      Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
      <3 Arrested Development

Comment

The maccas close to us has a machine that does the drinks!!!!

Its awesome!!!!! As kyle and myself are total dorks we stand there and watch it... drink dispenser rotates, drops cup onto conveyor belt.... where it slides to the ice dispenser, then to the selected drink spout... fills... then slides right next to the drive through window...

the only thing it doesnt do it put its own lids on!

OP That dude was totally out of order!!!! I would have thrown him out without his food if I had been the manager on duty!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Awesome, your manager rocks.

Comment

I think I love your manager.

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            Its awesome!!!!! As kyle and myself are total dorks we stand there and watch it... drink dispenser rotates, drops cup onto conveyor belt.... where it slides to the ice dispenser, then to the selected drink spout... fills... then slides right next to the drive through window...
            Sounds spiffy, but what about those of us that don't like a lot of ice in our sodas?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What your manager did rocks but she really should have just thrown him out rather than giving him something new to complain about.

I love when places have the self serve sodas. I get as much (as little) ice as I want, and easy access to refills.

Rather than playing hot potatoe with a moron like this, give him an ultimatum with an option - "All fountain drinks are self serve sir, do you still want the order?" Run through it a second time then move on to the next customer. If it's anyone like me next in line, I'll take good care of him from that point
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                YI- *THROWS THE CUPS IN MY FACE AND THEN YELLS VERY LOUDLY* I WANT THREE @%*$^#! MEDIUM COKES!!!!!
                *throws cups back* "THEN GET YOUR THREE @%*$^#! MEDIUM COKES!!! THE DISPENSER IS RIGHT THERE, LIKE I TOLD YOU FOUR TIMES ALREADY!!!"

Slice, you are far more civilized than I am. I don't think I could refrain from shouting the above at that boor. If I ever had to work in fast food, I think I'd carry pepper spray or a taser. There is no excuse whatsoever for that asshat to abuse you like that. Good for your manager for giving him hot, flat coke and banning him.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Your manager is cool

You handled that well.
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Truth be told i was so busy that my mind was in system mood, so my own personal beliefs and personality didnt really surface until he looked like he was going to attack me. Then the part of me who knows how to do weird thing kicked in and was trying to decide where to break his arm. which is why i got really pissed at my manager and why i i spent the rest of the day being well short with any costumer who thought they could annoy me.

Comment

I like getting my own drinks. Sometimes when they do it you get more ice than soda...and if I'm gonna drink soda, well, I want SODA, dammit!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        Truth be told i was so busy that my mind was in system mode...
                        Oooh! Can I use that? I like!

You handled it well, and your manager dished out a nice bit of poetic justice with the soda. Very djinn-style there, giving the asshat what he wants and making him regret it. Props to both of you.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

sure you can use it, its just something i say because of the nerd in my family.

Comment

As soon as the douche bag threw them at me I'd have had the phone in my hand and 911 dialed so fast he'd think I'd used magic to summon it to my hand.

I'd have called the police and had him up on assult charges.

M
                            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Manager worship

Let me join in the manager worship
                              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X