This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's your dirty stations you slobs

We're in an office doing a renovation. They're moving from one floor to the other. It's basically the same configuration, some new walls, new carpet, fresh paint but the workstations are going in with pretty much the same order. As such, we labelled each piece to go to the same person's new station - they are getting the exact furniture they were using before.

Some of these stations are disgusting - mounds of dust and crap in the drawers, coffee and drink stains all over the surfaces, used gum under the desktop, and la piece de resistance - nose pickings under the desk.

We're movers, not cleaners. We're not getting paid to clean, we're not going to do it. So everything was done as is, dirt, dust, nose pickings and all. I go in the next day and I'm hit with the complaints about how dirty everything is:

Me: Cleaning isn't our responsibility, the qoute didn't include two or three hours of cleaning.
    SC: Well you should have done it anyways.
    Me: I'm sorry, we don't do work we're not paid to do.
    SC: Hmmmmf... the least you could have done is found us some cleaner stations.
    Me: Umm, you do realize that these are the exact stations that you had downstairs don't you?
    SC: No they aren't, you pulled all of these from storage.
    Me: I supervised the entire job and installed many of them myself, I know for a fact that they came from downstairs.
    SC: They can't be... look at my station, I didn't have all this coffee spilled down the sides.
    Me: That's my writing on the label... raising voice for all to hear yes, actually I specifically remember this station because of the vast number of nose pickings under the surface.
    SC: ummmm no this can't be mine. My station was never like this.
    Me: Okay, if you think so. But you'll have to get a cleaning crew in if you want these cleaned.

She sunk down and was so embarrassed that I didn't see her face again all day. This really worked out as an excellent move on my part because suddenly the squaking about dirty stations ended and the slobs got off their lazy asses and got some cleaning supplies. Score one for the badguy
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, gross!!!!!!!

Don't these people have ANY shame?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At least you shamed them into cleaning up their own filthy messes! Good for you!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

nose pickings under the desk.

a serious 'what the...?' moment there. some people are beyond the threshhold of gross.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

a serious 'what the...?' moment there. some people are beyond the threshhold of gross.
          Yes. Along with gum under the desk.

The two things pretty much feel the same when they're moist, and pretty much the same when they've dried out. So maybe karma will be a bitch and the next time those pigs reach under the desk for that double fresh flavor, they'll get something else instead
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Aw, come on, they were probably just working on their Nose Goblins collection! ^_^

I can't stand having a dirty workstation. I'm just totally OCD at work at the register; at home's a whole 'nother story, though (thankfully just a lot of clutter, but otherwise I wouldn't be able to find anything).
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
            X