This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is this to understand?

Not sucky as such, just a little...dotty.
    Little old lady came up to my till with three items. One of them had a coupon available in the magazine that we sell on the till point, so I tried to explain to her about that offer. After two items she said 'Oh, no I can't understand this selling stuff at all'

I had a bad feeling in my stomach about this one. Mainly hunger, it's five minutes to my break.
    So I rang her items through, it comes to about £25.
    SHe only has £20. As in that's all she has. So I explain to her that I can void an item off for her, which one would she like to put back?
    None of them, she needs them all. She asks about the prices of smaller ones in the Evening Primrose Oil. I explain it's actually more expensive, as the larger one is on a special offer.
    'no, I'll take the bigger one, I don't want that many capsules, I'm going travelling'
    (why did you pick the bigger one up then?)
    So I explain, it's still going to be too much money. Which would she like to get rid of?
    OL- Old Lady
    Me- Well, Me.

OL: I need the little glusamine (actually glucosamine, but you know) for travelling.
    Me: Well, could you perhaps put down the bigger one, then you'd have enough money?
    OL:....?
    mE: I can't give you this for less than it's coming up on my till madam. If we get rid of one product, you'll have enough.
    Repeat ad nauseum till ANOTHER CUSTOMER steps in and tries to explain it. At this point there's a huge queue and I am five minutes late for mybreak.

Eventually she gets and wanders off, still muttering about her 'travelling'
    I hope she wasn't travelling abroad, if she's like this in a health store she must be awful at customs.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Oh, health nuts. Can't live with 'em, can't murder them in their sleep and feed the remains to the hedgehogs...

Not that I get a few at work on a disturbingly regular basis...

Raspcallion

Comment

Traveling yet she has not enough money nor a credit card nor check etc. How is she going to get food etc while traveling?

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Oh, health nuts. Can't live with 'em, can't murder them in their sleep and feed the remains to the hedgehogs...

Not that I get a few at work on a disturbingly regular basis...

Raspcallion
        Don't want to poison the hedgehogs?
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
        X