X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers DO SUCK

Hi all, newbie here!
    I'd like to share some of my higlighted moments from my previous job.

I used to work for this sandwich shop that also served coffee. Good coffee I must say.
    My co-worker and I used to have this unspoken rule - we both knew about customers the other one disliked, and therefore whenever this customer came in, the other person would take care of him/her. Of course, there were a couple of people who non of us could stand so we just took turns. The following were my turns:

These are just two examples of morons we dealt with:

W: weirdo customer
    M: I cannot deal with your bull*hit any more me

W: "I don't like the Mexican music you are playing out in the lobby.
    M: "I am sorry, sir, I can change that for you"
    W: "I said I hate the Mexican music! We are in America here! Change the music to something appropriate. I want Japanese music!
    M: "I am sorry sir, but we don't have such a thing on the radio"
    W: "I've always had a problem with your attitude! Change the music to something American! Put Japanese music on!"
    M: "OK" *thinking: YOU MORON!*

Later our boss told us he left him about 10 twenty-minute message on his home phone complaining about the store not being able to play the appropriate 'proud to be an american' japanese music. UGH!

This other SC was a guy who noone liked. He would always come in and if his total came to over a whole number, he would empty the penny jar to the total of his change, just to come back later demanding bills for his $20 worth of change. We had gone as far as hiding the pennies as soon as he pulled in. One day he came in and this happened:

H: homophobic racist customer
    M: outraged me

H: "What coffee is good today?"
    M: "I really like the Mexican Roast we have today"
    H: "Yuck! Mexican?! You know that Jesus told the Mexicans that they are not supposed to do anything until he comes back for them?!"
    M: "Excuse me?!"
    H: "I'm not drinking no stinkin' Mexican coffee!"
    M: *blank stare. I have a lot of friends of different origin and this was just plain offensive. I'M GONNA GET YOU, YOU BASTARD!*

He came back for a sandwich later - with a side of salsa. Hm.......

What a closed-minded butthead!
    Last edited by MadMike; 05-14-2007, 01:46 AM. Reason: We do not condone food-tampering here.
    They call me Mrs. Brownnose

Holy crap, where do you live??

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
      Holy crap, where do you live??
      Not in a closed-minded state. The question should be where had he moved from! But you find people like that everywhere. Oh I'm still worked up about it and it's been quite some time

Comment

Just to let everyone here know, we do not condone tampering with people's food, no matter how much you may think they deserve it. I've had to edit one post in this thread, and delete another.

We deal with enough sucky customers thinking we're lazy, irresponsible, and immature. We don't need them to think we're proving them right.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

i'm confused he wants american music which is also japanese?

Comment

American Japanese music? What the hey?
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth cupofthis View Post
              W: "I've always had a problem with your attitude! Change the music to something American! Put Japanese music on!"
              American Japanese music. Right.

H: "Yuck! Mexican?! You know that Jesus told the Mexicans that they are not supposed to do anything until he comes back for them?!"
              Ok, so he's very strongly against the Mexicans, hates everything to do with them...yet he comes back for a sandwich and salsa? Tard.

This is the kind of chap you hope makes a racist remark around a group of that race so they can have a little discussion with him about how insensitive such remarks are.

M
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Lemme guess, he also wanted to know where the Whites-only Microwave was?
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                  American Japanese music. Right.

Ok, so he's very strongly against the Mexicans, hates everything to do with them...yet he comes back for a sandwich and salsa? Tard.

This is the kind of chap you hope makes a racist remark around a group of that race so they can have a little discussion with him about how insensitive such remarks are.

M
                  We had a guy from Mexico working for us. When he found out about this he volunteered to serve the customer next time. Of course the customer was polite and friendly to the co-worker. I just don't get certain people. But I sure do not appreciate racism at all. He could have been a prince charming after that but it would never change my opinion of him after his little tantrum

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                    American Japanese music? What the hey?
                    Exactly my thoughts! He screams about putting appropriate music on for being in the US and than he asks for Japanese music. I don't give a rats butt about what we play but this was a bit weird! Apparently he is Japanese/American (there's NO WAY) and just got back from Japan. Eh, whatever. Gee whiz! If he had just asked for a different music without the silly dance around it I would say a word.

Comment

He wanted japanese music...You should have played Turning Japanese by the Vapors

On a side note...its now 8:30 in the morning and freaking chips and salsa sound good now...I may be going on a mission soon.
                      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

W: "I said I hate the Mexican music! We are in America here! Change the music to something appropriate. I want Japanese music!
                        OK, Mexican music isn't appropriate in America, but Japanese music is. Damn it, I want bagpipes. ALL. THE. TIME.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not in a closed-minded state. The question should be where had he moved from! But you find people like that everywhere. Oh I'm still worked up about it and it's been quite some time
                          States aren't close-minded. People are.
                          He loves the world...except for all the people.
                          --Men at Work

Comment

you think what he really wanted was that weirdo "American" music they play in Japanese & Chinese restaurants? Where it's popular songs NOT sung by the original artists? Like someone else - maybe a Japanese or Chinese artist - singing Christina Aguilera? I always laugh at that in those kinds of restaurants - heck if I'm going to listen to music while I'm there, I'd rather listen to something that actually was from China or Japan - you know get the whole cultural experience

Comment

The last time I was in a Chinese restaurant, they were playing classical music.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X