This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my receipt.

I don't understand the people going to a store that has a "no returns without a receipt" policy and try to return something and they say " I lost the receipt" when they should know that you will get the same satisfaction as going to a bar and saying you lost your ID to try to get in I mean C'mon.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Although it is rather foolish to make this mistake, it's still an honest mistake. I mean I generally throw my receipt away as soon as I get home, so if I were to ever return something it's either dig through trash or settle for store credit.
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
      Although it is rather foolish to make this mistake, it's still an honest mistake. I mean I generally throw my receipt away as soon as I get home, so if I were to ever return something it's either dig through trash or settle for store credit.
      Or you can just unload the item on eBay. That is my philosophy

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        Or you can just unload the item on eBay. That is my philosophy
        Mine too, pretty much. I've gotten to the point where i barely even rent dvds anymore. I just buy them, and if i get one i end up not liking, i just sell it on ebay.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
          Mine too, pretty much. I've gotten to the point where i barely even rent dvds anymore. I just buy them, and if i get one i end up not liking, i just sell it on ebay.

I buy stuff on eBay all the time and then re-sell it once I am bored, LOL. Sometimes I sell for more than I bought it for. A couple of years ago I was set to go to Nashville to see my 49ers take on the Titans, but something came up. I bought a set of seats on eBay for $80.00 and ended up selling them for $125.00. I guess Titans fans wanted to see their team actually win a home game against my crappy 49ers.

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
            Some stores with that policy will sometimes cave in to sucky customers to the point of allowing scamers to defacto rob the store. Usually an idiot manager allows it.

Now some stores will no matter what take in the item if it is damaged or defective or the customer was well known to the store as an honest customer.

Plus if someone has their credit card that they made the purchase with a store could pull up the reciept if they have a database.

I have taken books back to a used book store that were missing pages and in one case someone had used a pencil eraser to blur out all the cuss words in a book. Got my full credit back on those books.

A Barnes & Noble took back a book without a reciept once I showed that several pages had passages in which the printer hadn't fully inked out the words.

In both cases I just said in a normal tone of voice that there was a defect in the books and flipped to show it to the clerk. I don't mind store credit either usually I pick up other books and a defective return means I get a book for free.

The B&N clerk handed me some slip to sign out with a place for the clerk to put their John Hancock on it as well. The clerk started to say something then stopped once they saw me write my name down. I think the clerk had had to deal with people who were angry they had to put their names down. Maybe a B&N worker can explain that slip I had to sign. It was nice to get the sales tax back on the store credit for the book.

Comment

Sign says no returns without receipt+Person trying to return item without Receipt=SC
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

They aren't an SC for asking about it, because hey, sometimes there really ARE exceptions to the rule. I used to do it occassionally for really nice people.

They ARE an SC when they have a fit about it.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                  Sign says no returns without receipt+Person trying to return item without Receipt=SC

Not all the time. Its rare when I throw out my receipt upon returning home. But once I bought something, and had to returned it. So ofcourse, I had thrown out the receipt. I went back to the shop, and asked if I could still return it. I got store credit for it.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth infavorofnaturalselection View Post
                    Some stores with that policy will sometimes cave in to sucky customers to the point of allowing scamers to defacto rob the store. Usually an idiot manager allows it.
                    Excuse me while I agree with this as I write up paperwork to release the East Canadian KingMold into a controlled environment.

They are so bent on keeping customers that they don't even bother checking the item or even ask for a receipt.

Heck, the store manager himself bites his fingers over some of the stupid stuff he HAS TO DO because corporate says so. The poor dear.

What gets me is that they will refuse returns for bad food for the Deli, the meats and the groceries (and ALWAYS asks for a clerk of the designated depts for inspection), but take it back without calling us at the front desk for inspection and then drop it in the department without a word.

Like the bakery isn't fsxxored enough...
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                    X