Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're NOT Skates! They're Shoes with wheels!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. Never had that problem around here... of course, most of my frequent hangout spots aren't kid-friendly to begin with.

As for the mother... if the woman was stupid enough to try shoving someone my size, I would've gone ahead and pressed charges just on the principle of the thing. No way in HELL is a customer laying their hands on me for trying to stop their little brat from tearing through the store and getting away with it.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Ew, biting heads off naughty children? Do they taste like chocolate bunnies at Easter when you bite the heads off?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I dunno. I've never had chocolate bunnies. But the dissapointed look on the kids' face when they're told they cannot be rotten in my store is very tasty.
        O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
          "They are NOT SKATES! They are SHOES with WHEELS!"
          "Your honour, this is not a knife! It's a pointy stabbing tool."

Case closed.
          "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
          - Raven

Comment

The gaming store I hang out at has all but banned Heelies entirely. The motivation is that some of the less... careful kids were scooting around and causing scuff marks on the floor. But really, these stupid brats were running around the store and having little mini-races while there were three freaking tournaments (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic: the Gathering, and Pirates) going on. That was a lot of people in the store and several accidents waiting to happen. But when you told them to knock it off and walk like civilized human beings, they gave you dirty looks for daring to correct them and looking out for their personal safety.

It's bad enough when some of the gamers bring in their toddlers and let them run around the store like it's a playground. The owners don't need elementary- and middle-school-aged kids doing the same thing, especially when they know better.
            A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
              She then said "There is NO SIGN saying he can't wear them in there. If you don't want him to wear them, PUT UP A SIGN!"
              Another sign for you to ignore? What's the point? Might as well leave the sign unmade and save the paper for something useful, like a paper-airplane tournament.

Quoth MadMike View Post
              There's no sign saying not to have sex on the conveyor belts either, but does that mean...
              Just stay away from any "pinching points" and wait until the store's closed and you'll be fine.

Don't ask how I know this, just know that I do.

But seriously, how self-centered does a person have to be to think that their child get wheelie around wherever they want to? When speed bumps have to be installed in malls, I'm giving up.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post

Just stay away from any "pinching points" and wait until the store's closed and you'll be fine.

Great. Now I'm REAALLY gonna be wary of the wet spots on the belt

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
                  It's bad enough when some of the gamers bring in their toddlers
                  If they've talked to a non-family member of the opposite sex for more than five minutes when not playing a game, they're not real gamers. As for reproducing...

Rapscallion

Comment

i don't see a "NO STABBING THE CUSTOMERS" sign

i guess it's my lucky day
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post

Is there a video of you acquiring this knowledge?

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                        Is there a video of you acquiring this knowledge?
                        Of course not! I made sure to stay away from the cameras. One, they'll make me lose my job, and two, they add 20 pounds, and I can't say where they get added to!
                        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I just returned from my local Wally World and, lo and behold, there is a sign up in the entrance which reads, "Due to liability issues, wheeled shoes, rollerblades, skateboards or athletic shoes with cleats are not permitted in the store." YAY WALMART!
                          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I work in a Blockbuster and unfortunately we have no signs up to ban these abominations. More then a few times we've heard a crash and see a brat zoom quickly away from the scene of a ton of movies on the floor. Do they apologize? Heavens no. However I have and will continue to be the 'mean employee' who is quite happy to tell any rude brats to knock it off.

Comment

Say, that reminds me--one of the conveyor belts in the backroom at my store is no longer bolted to the floor!

Somebody must really have gotten lucky.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Today's Jump Start comic strip....

Comment

Working...
                                X