Quoth BeckySunshine
    SC: Bathroom
    Me: Kitchen
    SC:
    Me: I thought we were playing "name random rooms in your house"
    SC: No, I need to know where the bathroom is
    Me: OH...over there
    SC: Dish Soap.
    Me: Laundry Detergent. Nice to meet you!
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Oooh ooh!! I loved when people would come up at the coffee shop I worked in and say "latte" - hmmm - we only have a million variations on that - could you start with telling me the size?
      SC: Large -
      ME: Okay
      SC: (after drink is made) Oh I wanted that iced
      ME: okay didn't say it but I always thought - well did ya tell me that? I'm not a mind reader!!!

OR when they would just come up and say "Large" - hmmm large what??? We serve about 20 different drinks here and you can make up your own variations and I'm supposed to figure out what Large drink you want? (usually they meant just reg. drip coffee - but sometimes they didn't and you never knew which kind of person you were gonna get)

Ooh and i HATE when you can't get a person on those automated things - or you start talking and IT cuts you off and says its little ramble - and when there is NO WAY to bypass it - our Internet went down at home (and around the city for anyone with Insight) and you could NOT get to a person. You ahd to first listen to this asinine message about "unplug your modem. wait 15 sec..restart computer... etc). Then when you finally got to someone they put you on hold to transfer you somewhere and you were on HOLD FOREVER!!!! And then if you ever got to someone again and asked for a direct number - THEY HAVE NO DIRECT NUMBERS!!! AUGH!!!!!! After all their issues with all of their customer's internet going down - then they put on this patronizing commercial saying they were "sorry" - no offers of anything just - yeah we're sorry. I wrote the BBB (which I hate them but they came in handy at the moment) - only b/c I wanted to waste someone's time having to reply and I got two months of service free. yeah me!

Comment

Quoth air914
        OR when they would just come up and say "Large"
        Couldn't you make a sign and display it for all to see --[Any Ordering by saying only the cup size will get you that cup size with the most expensive coffee known to man, the "idiot coffee brew" the cost is $30 a cup.]--

It would be a nice way to make some change. Of course the "idiot coffee brew" is yesterday's coffee run through a week old socks from a orange picker.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
          Man, I HATE that. Why do people DO that???

Used to get them all the time at Kinko's, like I had time to play charades with these people.

They'd come in and grunt their name at me. That does not tell me what they want. Are they picking up? Are they placing an order? Are they checking on an order? Proofing? What?

I usually respond with: A pleasure to meet you Mr. X I'm Rhia.....And then you wait for it. After about a minute or two of a staring match they tend to get it.
          Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
          Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Comment

Quoth Jester
            The following conversation has happened at virtually every restaurant I have ever worked at:

ME: "Hi, folks, how are you doing, tod..."
            SC: "Iced tea."

Or water or soda or whatever. Point being they don't listen, don't care, and are treating the server like their personal lackey. You know....being an SC!

where's the respect?!?!? I hated that when I waited tables! How 'bout a nice response "Hello, how are you? I'd like an iced tea."
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
            X