Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not fare well in math, but it's fun to confuse SC's on parking fees if they're ticking me off. It's more fun to use words that some people do not know just to confuse them too.

My literature is something else though I read numerous books some that would short any SC's head. I speak Japanese and make art as a hobby. (DADA movement stuff; an ironic art movement basically.) I come from an intelligent family, I have one cousin who can speak Chinese fluently, another who is in advertising, one who does photoart, and one who is a great artist. I have a great aunt who has an 8th grade education and she is a painter who happens to know plenty of art.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Pagan
      Especially from women that are 10 years younger than me (I'm 36, but I still get carded!)
      Amusingly, I am also 36 (I just celebrated my 16th 21st birthday!) and I also still get carded, even WITH the goatee! (Without it, I have had people who KNOW me card me!)

As for the whole math thing, I will admit I am a walking calculator. I don't say that to brag or gloat, just stating a fact. And I have corrected cashiers before, but always politely and respectfully, and generally they thank me for the help. Especially if it would be in my favor to shut my yap and take extra money....they like the honesty of it.

FIVE DAYS TILL VACATION!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

My proudest calculating moment in retail was when, as a customer, I took a price tag off a shelf and presented it to a manager because the price and cost per ounce didn't match the weight of the product it was for.
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

When a customer wins on a machine they get a voucher called a quicket ticket and sometimes they'll end up with odd amounts like 93 cents on the end of something. Then they'll hand me a quarter. I'm sorry but to save my drawer from being short I will write it down and add it to make sure I give back the right amount. It sounds dumb but do they think we are calculators?

I admit it--Math really isn't my strong suit either. But since I got this job--that had to change a bit. I still fumble on money but they can kiss my ass. I did a paid out for like 5,575 and right after that I had a small amount and they asked for a few fifties and it confused me. Sometimes the smaller amounts get me more than the big ones, go figure.

Comment

Working...
          X