This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not exactly an SC, but........

The other week, I sold a Skagen watch to an older woman, and she came back later that day because she'd decided the watch was a bit too tight and wanted some more links put in. We don't have extra links at the store, and this woman didn't want to call the customer service number in the warranty booklet, she wanted us to do it because it was our watch. (I found out later from the co-worker who dealt with her, that the reason she wanted us to call was because her hearing isn't that good on the phone) Anyhow, we couldn't call the number that day because the offices were closed on the weekends, and in the time between then and the next time I was working, someone had thrown out the paper that this customer's info was on.
    So I had no way to get ahold of her, but fortunately she stopped in yesterday, I got all her info, but since the Skagen offices are closed on Memorial Day, I can't do anything about it until Tuesday. The other problem is, that from looking at the Skagen website, I'm fairly certain that they do NOT send extra links for free, and the customer would have to pay $35.00 for a replacement watch band, which we would then take some links out of to add to her current watch. The customer wants this sent to her house, which is not a problem, but I have the feeling she was told that Skagen would send extra links for free, and I'm not sure how she's going to feel if it turns out that this info is incorrect.
    Anyhow, this woman wasn't being an SC exactly, but it's not going to be easy to get this straightened out......I don't mind going out of my way to help people, but there's a point when it causes less time/trouble for everyone if they were willing or able to do stuff themselves.

Did you take links out of the watch initially? Or was the original band too tight as it was? Cuz whenever I've gotten links taken out of something they put them in one of those tiny little ziploc bags so I can save them. One of the little cubby holes in my jewelry box is filled with a few such bags of extra links (except for the bracelet I got when I left Store1; they had to take out 2 sets of links so I had them made into earrings ).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, apparently the customer had decided (after wearing the watch for awhile), that the band was tighter than she really wanted. Which is understandable, and it's not that her request of wanting to get more links sent is unreasonable. I'm just afraid that once that gets straightened out, I'm going to be expected to know how to put the links in the watch, and I don't know how to do that particular style of Skagen watches.

Comment

Working...
      X