Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come you're the only department open on Memorial Day?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come you're the only department open on Memorial Day?

That would be because I am working in repair, which is a 24/7 center, like most other phone companies. Yet, I had customers who were calling that number as a last hope of having someone read their bill for them, help them with getting on the internet (which I work in, but I wasn't going to tell them that), take a payment because they forgot to pay and were about to be shut off. Ugh!

I could tell right about when people were getting back from vacation, because lines immediately started to materialize where all day there had been none.

I'm off today, but I'm sure it's all kinds of fun today after a 3 day weekend Ha ha! Good thing we didn't have a warehouse order, we got a double order last Friday instead.

Comment

I don't expect anything to be open on Memorial Day, except retail and fast food and emergency service departments. It's not like Memorial Day is some new holiday or anything.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        That would be because I am working in repair, which is a 24/7 center, like most other phone companies. Yet, I had customers who were calling that number as a last hope of having someone read their bill for them, help them with getting on the internet (which I work in, but I wasn't going to tell them that), take a payment because they forgot to pay and were about to be shut off. Ugh!
        You telco guys have it so easy...

At Big Cable, if you want to dispute a bill at noon on Thanksgiving... we're here waiting for your call.

If your idea of 4th of July fireworks is "The Ribald Adventures of John's [insert favorite variation of 'Hancock']" dial us up and we'll save you the trouble of pressing two buttons on your remote control.

If New Year's Day reminds you it's time to make a payment... sure!

If 7:00am on Christmas morning seems the perfect time to dump satellite and order cable... not a problem!
        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

No argument there, TNT. As I've stated in earlier threads, I worked for Adelphia for four months, and I remember this type of crap. I can't imagine what it's like on Christmas Day for all those people that get new computers, then call up raising hell with their cable provider because they can't access the internet. Why don't they go ride that new Big Wheel or play with that new football they got?

Comment

Working...
          X