X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you High?

That's what I wanted to ask this guy...

I work at a gas station. We have pumps which accept credit and debit cards at the pump, or you can pay inside the store with cash, credit or debit.

Guy comes up to me and asks for "Money back on pump 8." I look at my screen, and there is no change. I don't recall ANYONE paying for gas on pump 8, but regardless, there is no money owed. He asks,

"There's no change?" No... did you pay outside with a card, or inside with cash?

"Umm... outside." So... why would there be money back?

"Umm... how much did I pump?" Nine gallons.

"Umm... how much did I pay for?" Well, you paid outside, you paid for just as much as you wanted.

"ooohhh, OK."

[smack]

Joe

Hmmm....maybe he thought he paid inside. Kind of like walking into a room and forgetting what you went in there for.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

He may have been like me when i cash at the island machine, and forgot. When ever i put in more than 20 dollars ai forget exactly how much i put in (normally its only 30 so im ok) and once i went in and i got my change.... all 5 cents worth... yeah uif i had remembered i wouldn;t have bothered

Comment

I do that some times. I will pay outside with my card, and then go inside, to get change without thinking at all.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          He may have been like me when i cash at the island machine, and forgot.
          Does that mean putting cash into an outside machine? Never seen one of those before... It'd make my life easier, but our in-store impulse sales would plummet...

Nah, the dude was high

Joe

Comment

For me, it's the reverse. I've been paying at the pump with a card for so long that when I use cash, I have to make a concerted effort to remember to get change, if necessary.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yet another reason I'm glad I live in a "You're not allowed to pump your own gas" state
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Not allowed to pump your own gas? How obnoxious.

Most of the time, I don't have the patience to wait for someone else to get things done for me at the gas station. I know what I want, and I know how to get it.

Of course, I'm also not an SC. Some of them should be banned from trying to do most things themselves.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X