This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ew. Ew. Ew.

I don't normally risk coming on here while I'm still at work, but this was just too creepy to wait!

What is with creepy older guys thinking its ok to hit on young women?!

Some background- this "gentleman" came in a few months ago for an upgrade for his son. I did the whole upgrade, etc. While I was processing everything, he made some comments. I sort of just shrugged it off, because he did have a son with him close in age, and figured he was digging- creepy- but not so bad. At the end of the transaction when I gave them my card- the dad says it would be nicer to have my home number instead. I politely tell him I have a boyfriend and I am not interested. They leave.

Today- not 15 mins ago- he came back with his other son to do an upgrade. Of course I remember him. Of course, he remembers me. Joy.

So I do the upgrade. He makes some creep comment about not wanting to hear about "this boyfriend stuff." When I laugh, he goes on to say that I'll get a kiss and "see how much I like it." Being me- I just ignore the comment and continue processing the upgrade.

He backs off. I finish everything up. I go to hand him the bag with all the phone stuff...creepoid tries to grab my hand. Now, I merely moved my hand out of the way, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt- like maybe he just brushed my hand by mistake... oh no. Creepy guy has to comment to his son about how I pulled my hand away and he "sees how it is."

I pretend nothing happened and thank them for their business. They leave.

I felt so dirty, I just had to wash my hands and face... *shudder* (the guy wasn't exactly what you call clean or well-groomed- not that it would really be better if he had been it just adds a big gross to the creep-me-out factor)

Why?
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Sounds like sexual harrassment to me. It's never okay just to try and touch someone especially since you weren't interested. I had some creepy old dude hit on me and ask for my phone number I told him my parents wouldn't allow it. I made him think I was like 16 when I'm like 22.

If he comes back in either have your boss deal with him or straight tell him if he doesn't keep his nasty, old man paws off of you, you will file a sexual harrassment suit.

Comment

I can't stand guys like that, I get hit on by them often enough. I get the whole "accidently brush their hand against" yours as well. Unfortunately, you can't tell them how you really feel and to get the "fruck right out of your face."
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Ugh, I'm sorry...let me pass along some of Iradney's BeckySunshine's trademarked copyrighted *comforting pats*...
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-06-2007, 08:00 PM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Every time I hear about some guy behaving this way, I feel like I have to apologize on behalf of men everywhere.

I'm sorry!
          "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
          "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
          --Dilbert

Comment

Tell your boss about him, and while you're at it, tell your boss you don't want to help in anymore. You see him come in, hide.

Iradney ™s her :comforting pats:, too?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Iradney ™s her :comforting pats:, too?
              I think so...maybe it was you I was thinking of...or maybe South African comforting pats are different from New Jersey comforting pats..
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"Creepy guy has to comment to his son about how I pulled my hand away and he "sees how it is."

Um, no. Apparently he DOESN'T "see how it is." He needs to be TOLD how it is.

And yeah, you most certainly can tell him what you are thinking. You aren't being paid to flirt, boost his ego, or let him pretend you are sexually available to give him a boost. He needs to back the fk right off.

Comment

I just don't understand why some men (and probably woman too) think it's okay to so blatantly hit on someone - even go so far as to touch them - and then get pissy when the person acts the slightest bit offended.

When I am on location, like just a few minutes ago, some members get within my personal space.

PEOPLE - personal space is from my body to about 12 in (1 ft) in front of me. Inside that area makes me, and probably a whole hell of a lot more people, really uncomfortable. That's my PERSONAL space. I've thought about eating garlic while on shift just too keep people WAY out of my personal space!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Tell your boss about him, and while you're at it, tell your boss you don't want to help in anymore. You see him come in, hide.
                    I wish I could hide if I see him again. It's just that, a lot of times, I end up at the store by myself. So until we're closed, I can't hide anywhere.

I will be telling the boss about him tomorrow, and what I probably can do is refuse him service if he comes in while I am working again. I just couldn't believe he tried to grab my hand like that...that was the worst. It made me feel so dirty. Ick.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I can't believe you kept your cool like that, DF. I would have been the same way until he put his hands on me. I don't play that.
                      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Absolutely. Women who work in customer service shouldn't have to feel bullied or threatened by creeps who haven't the common decency to treat a lady like a lady. Pass El Creepo off to your manager.

Post number 666!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ick. What lovely lessons he is passing on to his sons. I hope they have a good male influence somewhere in their lives to counter-balance his creepy behavior.

A million years ago, when I was a teenage waitress. I had a customer like that.
                          When I asked what I could get for him he replied "you" with a nasty leer.
                          I clarified and asked what did he want that was on the menu...
                          So he dropped the menu on the floor and gestured for me to stand on it and said "still you".
                          Needless to say, he did not get what he wanted. I remember he was so impressed with his own skeevy pick-up skills, too.

It's been almost a quarter century and I still want to that guy.

Comment

Meh--I'll give that guy +5 for being clever in a buttheaded sort of way, but a -900 billion at being a decent human being.

What a creepazoid.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Let's see, while we're talking about creepy guys at work...back when I first started working for a pizza place, a small crowd of older gentleman, probably about 40ish or 50ish in appearance and 8 strong in number, came on a Satuday night to drink beer, eat pizza, and watch a sports game on our two flat screen tvs that had satellite programming (yes, it was a brand new restaurant). No wives or girlfriends were with them. That should've been my first clue...

About 10:30 pm hit, and we were going to close in a half hour. Every customer was gone except for the now semi-drunk group of men. At my assistant manager's discretion, I refused to sell them more alcohol since I knew they were buzzed and warned them that we were shutting down by 11 and that they'd need to leave then. They all grumbled good-naturedly except for one asshole who chose to reveal himself for the caveman he is.

Caveman: Aw, c'mon, be nice! We want more beer!

Me: Sorry, I think you've had enough.

Caveman: Look, just be a good little beer wench and get us more beer.

No, he did NOT just call me a "beer wench"!

Caveman: Besides, since you're getting off soon, I can show you a good time...

The Caveman's hands traveled toward my ass. Surmising what he was trying to do, I deftly moved out of the way. He stumbled, almost falling. To his chagrin, his buddies laughed, and long story short, my assistant manager promptly banned them and kicked them out.
                              Last edited by Rabegwynn; 06-06-2007, 06:22 AM.
                              "I realized you're a human being too, and you have felines...? ooh, ooh, feelings!" -Helga G. Pataki

Comment

Working...
                              X