This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mighty Girl View Post
    Was anyone else reminded of Ken Titus when reading this?
    I know exactly what you mean!

I love Titus' show and his comedy routines.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ew Ew smelly (with a difference)

Last week we had a female customer complain that one of our other customers was sniffing some of the female customers. He was pretending to look at some stuff on lower shelves, and would smell any female that walked past.
      When I went to kick him out I approached him from behind at told him to get out of my store. He didn't take to kindly to this and stood up with his fist raised to hit me.
      I'm 6'4" 240lb, he wasn't.
      Unfortunately the police couldn't get here in time to 'speak' to him. I have no doubt though that he will be back, all freaks like that seem to end up wherever I work.
      "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
      "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

As long as it's respectful, and as long as it is obvious that the recipient is of legal age, there's nothing wrong or creepy with an older man flirting with a younger woman (Or visa versa). After all, he was a young man once, and he liked younger women then. Just because he's old, doesn't mean he's stopped being a man who is interested in attractive women.

If he's doing it in a way that makes the recipient uncomfortable, he needs to knock it off because he's risking coming off like a creep.

If he's being respectful and he makes the recipient uncomfortable just because he is not attractive enough to flirt with her, that isn't his fault. You can't blame a person, male or female, for wanting to remember how a smile and a little playful banter with a pretty young person makes them feel.

Comment

I'm flattered when people flirt with me. I have guys from teen-elder who flirt, hit on me, whatever. Yes, there are lines that any person can cross that takes it from flattering to creepy but it's a rare few who do that and I shut them down pretty quick.

I find it to be more disturbing when teenage boys flirt with me than when grandfather aged men flirt. When they do I generally look at them and say, "You know, I have a son your age." That usually is all the reality check they need to stop. (My hubby makes jokes alot that I'm MILF- I didn't even know what that meant until he started in with it. bleh. lol)
          I think it's the whole thing where Grampa and I are both of legal age and teenboy is, well, a kid.

I'm in a position at work where I get to see people's birthdays and other vital info. Really, there are many times where I look at a person's information and am utterly shocked by their age. When they say you can't tell how old a person is by looking at them- it ain't no lie. I see people who are 10 years my junior that look 10 years my senior and vice versa. There's one guy who comes in that I'd swear was 21-22... he's absolutely a beautiful specimen of the male species. (Think underware model...)
          I was looking up some info for him on his account and was absolutely floored to discover he's about my age (35). Funnily enough he's from Kazakhstan...

The only way to be sure of someone's age is to demand photo ID before you decide to date.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
            I'm in a position at work where I get to see people's birthdays and other vital info. Really, there are many times where I look at a person's information and am utterly shocked by their age. When they say you can't tell how old a person is by looking at them- it ain't no lie.
            I cannot agree as to how true that is. A few months ago there was a girl I met and I thought she looked about 20-22 but I was shocked when she turned out to be 18. When I was younger I used to get mistaken for being older because of my height. Have to say it was nice at the time.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I was out to dinner with my parents and they saw some of their friends sitting a few tables away. Well of course, they HAD to go over and chit chat. They drug me along.

The wife of their friend asked me, "So honey, how do you like high school?"

I replied "Uh...I graduated in 05.."

I thought maybe they had the wrong kid, because they know I have a sibling. But no, they swore up and down I was only 16 years old.

I don't think it's frustrating at all. It's going to come in very handy when I'm older. I won't have to pull a Blanche from Golden Girls and alter my birth certificate after all!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                The only way to be sure of someone's age is to demand photo ID before you decide to date.
                My mom did that to one guy she dated. According to his ID, he was a couple of years older than me. According to his birth certificate, he was a couple of years younger than me.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's not the age in itself that bothers me... although, I dunno...a part of me wonders what a guy twice-three times my age even thinks a girl my age wants to do with him... if you're old enough to be my dad...well, I just think it's kinda weird...I don't want to sleep with someone old enough to be my father! But I guess if I was single and I met someone superbly nice and wonderful it might be different...I don't know.

Anyway- what I was saying is- it wouldn't bother me if the compliment was delivered in a nice, respectful manner. It also doesn't bother me when an older man flirts with me, but is respectful and stops when I don't flirt back. There are some older men who I haven't minded being flirty with. But the difference was, they weren't creepoids! And the flirting didn't cross the line... or stopped when I felt that it did cross the line. Most guys understand when I'm not being responsive or stop immediately when I say, "I have a boyfriend." And if the guy is really nice, I do like to tell him that I'm flattered. It takes some guts to come out and ask a girl for her number. I can understand the disappointment at getting a "no" and don't like to be a jerk about it. Except in the case of creeps.

What this whole post boils down to- I don't care how old you are, if I say I'm not interested- bugger off! and don't touch me!

I know what you all mean by the lingering "ick" aura. I can be sensitive to such things, too. When that guy in the OP touched my hand- it felt like that... a lingering "ick" stain.... >_<

and my personal space radius is about 3 feet. I don't like anyone touching me, or even being close to me- there are only a few privileged people who are allowed to be in my personal bubble. Ask my BF how antsy and cranky I get at crowded things. I hate being crushed in by strangers!
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                  X