Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is sad that they don't care, and even if they do approach someone who did drive away, all they can say is "Oh really? Wow, I forgot! I'm so sorry!" and they pay. No charges, nothing. Some people do it on purpose, some are truly an accident, I know because a regular customer did actually forget because he usually goes to full serve, but this time he went in, use the bank machine and then left before we noticed. He came back less then an hour later filled wil apologies. Then there was the time the staion up the street called me at 1 A.M. warning me of a guy in a green Caraven who pulled up to the farthest pump and when she told him it was prepay only, he bolted out and headed my way. As I was on the phone with her, he pulled in, gas door still open, car running. When I told him, he hopped in and drove away, never getting anything. Thank whoever you believe in she called.

And also, my boss never said i had to pay, I went right ahead and put 20 in. The till is my responsibility, and I know that it's not legal, unfortunatly, it's just easier this way. It saves me a fight with my boss, who can be a bit testy when it comes to fakes and drive aways.
    Last edited by Andreamic; 06-10-2007, 02:00 AM.

Comment

When i worked retail, they said if my til was short, it was a write up, But i could pay the difference, either then, or from my check, and the writeup would dissappear.

At this point in my life, if i was in retail, Id tell them to f*** off, unless i knew it was my mistake.
      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        She's not going to have a police officer knocking on her door, she's going to have the feds breaking it down, dragging her out in cuffs and searching her house.
        Can I come and watch, pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee!!!! I get loads of glee watching dishonest people get there comeupance.

Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

In my state, you get your license revoked if you do a drive-off. They don't screw around here.

This also leads me to ask the question: With gas prices being what they are, have you seen more drive-offs lately? I'm actually curious.
          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

It's illegal for an employer to make an employee pay for an honest mistake or a dishonest customer. I worked for a c-store chain who made a policy of making employees pay for bad checks or drive offs. I was one of the few who refused to sign it, and I was told I'd be written up. Nothing ever happened as a result of my refusal to sign that policy. I remained there for a couple more years. No mistakes were ever deducted from my pay either. They knew I kept my own records of such things because I was usually one of the few employees to ever call the main office to point out payroll mistakes. I became well known as one of their watchdog employees.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
            X