This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A weekend of SC's

Here we are in one of the first weekends of high tourist season and the SC's abound. Two yesterday and one so far today.

Friday:

SC number one was a man who had mentioned several times over the course of his stay that he might stay another night, but never told us definitely. It was the perfect storm of the guest not telling us what he was going to do, coworker stupidity when the other first shift clerk checked him out without a thought as to why all his things were still in the room, and his shock at the fact that rates on weekends are higher.

To make a long story short, he ranted and raved about how it was poor customer service to not want to lose $50 on the room by keeping his rate the same all the way through. He also made sure to list all the continents on which he had stayed in hotels and about how he had never encountered such poor customer service before. My boss' sister, who is looking after this property while the boss is attending to personal matters in India, was here to listen to this exchange and was not impressed. Like her sister, she was born in Africa, grew up in India, and speaks and writes four languages fluently. She can top your vacation to Australia.

At any rate, he left, then came back after getting his things and preparing to leave because I refused to budge on the rates. He made sure to mention all the continents where he had stayed at hotels again, and the list the second time around was longer, unsurprisingly. But, at that point he did finally go away.

SC number two was a woman who entered the lobby, then announced to her husband, simply, that "Oh, I don't want to stay in a place like this," then turned on her heel and left.

Saturday:

As I write this, it's not even seven a.m. and some people who checked in yesterday have had a fit that we don't have sugar-free syrup for the waffles on the continental breakfast. They also made sure to mention that there wasn't a box of tissues in their room, but they did not want a box of tissues.

"We'll just make do," is what they said, and I suppose I understand where they're coming from. Every now and then I too enjoy not fixing problems that annoy me so I can thrill in being a martyr, no matter how minor one. They also noted there wasn't a comment card in the room and that they have "several" comments for us.

I just can't wait.

And now we come to a sucky coworker. The stupid woman who blithely checks out reservations that are not scheduled to check out, and checks them out no matter if the guest's belongings are still in the room just called and tried to get out of working today. She does this every Saturday and it's usually the same excuse -- someone has to go to the doctor. My boss' sister was unmoved and told her that she would have to come in for at least a couple of hours until she can figure out who can work in place of the stupid woman. As it stands, the stupid woman only works two days a week as it is, and it would seem she can't get through a Saturday without something going terribly wrong in her household. It's the witching hour all over again -- that cursed stretch of time between 6 and 7 in the morning when, it would seem, appendixes are just more apt to burst. At least she hasn't done, yet, what the girl she replaced did and suffered a rash of 6 am meteorite strikes, housefires, and flat tires.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

As it stands, the stupid woman only works two days a week as it is, and it would seem she can't get through a Saturday without something going terribly wrong in her household.
    My God if she can't hold a 2 day a week job, why doesn't she just quit, and stop waisting everyone's time and patience.

Comment

Saturday:

A nice woman and her bastard husband checked in, although I didn't know the husband was a bastard yet. That came when they called to complain that the room was filthy. The woman asked if I could show her another room, but by the time I arrived, the man was storming out of the room with a suitcase.

The floors were dirty, there was dirt on the pillowcases right where you're supposed to lay your head, and the toilet was filthy. He didn't want to take a chance on another room. They only lived three hours away and he was going to go home and sleep in his own bed. Give me my money back.

Rather than let it escalate, I decided to do that. They had a non-smoking room, which is a hot commodity during tourist season. I figured I'd get them out of here, check the room, and rent it to someone else for more than their piddly-ass online rate. The husband went off the car, grumbling the entire way. The wife was still nice and apologized, and thanked me for trying to make the situation right.

After they were gone, I checked the room. Yes, the floor could have been vacuumed better, but there was no dirt on the floor -- just a few unidentifiable white specks. The dirty pillowcases were wrinkled more than anything, and one had a small mineral stain, so I flipped it over. The filthy toilet had three drops of water on the rim.

I already have a term for people who can smell everyone who has ever inhabited their hotel room since the building was constructed, and who will complain if any of those people have, at any time in their lives, known, dated, associated with, or talked to a smoker and thus cursed the hotel room with an unbearable phantom stench. They're called fart detectors. What I need is a term for people who have the same ability with their sight -- to see dirt that isn't there, filthy in a drop of water, and a horror of germs in a few white specks on the carpet.
      Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 06-10-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
        What I need is a term for people who have the same ability with their sight -- to see dirt that isn't there, filthy in a drop of water, and a horror of germs in a few white specks on the carpet.
        It was coined long ago, HauntedHead. It's called a 'Neat-Freak' and has been well known to create horrible, vastly disturbing offspring when they have the Suck gene.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

SC number two was a woman who entered the lobby, then announced to her husband, simply, that "Oh, I don't want to stay in a place like this," then turned on her heel and left.
          How very hellaciously rude.

Did her husband follow her out, or did he choose to stay?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Did her husband follow her out, or did he choose to stay?
            He followed her out, after a pause where he had this puzzled look on his face as though he was wondering what might have set her off.

Comment

Ah. I see who rules THAT roost.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They also made sure to mention that there wasn't a box of tissues in their room, but they did not want a box of tissues.
                What is wrong with using toilet tissue??
                Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I think more importantly, why bother complaining about something you don't have and don't want?
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead View Post
                    What is wrong with using toilet tissue??
                    It's harder on the nose, so if you use it much, you end up with chapped nostrils. Not nice.

Quoth Shabo View Post
                    I think more importantly, why bother complaining about something you don't have and don't want?
                    Because then you're a martyr. And there are some people who can't be happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X