This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Make Me Unwrap the Meat!!

In my department, I sell seafood and I also sell the meat department's premium cuts. This happened as I was packing up the meat and sanitizing my department.

Im working today, and im closing down the "gourmet meat" section of my department. I had just finished wrapping everything up, and all of a sudden I get this woman who says she wants pork tenderloin. So fine, I unwrap it weight it up. She decides she doesn't want it after all and leaves.

She comes back 3 minutes later and asks for it again, after ive already wrapped it again. She asks for something else too, some sirloin grilling medallion, so, I pack it all up for her. She comes back after a minute says "Aww yannow what I dont need these after all!" Fine. Il put them BACK... (at this point im annoyed because i have shit to do and i cant waste my time unwrapping and re-wraping meat)

She comes back with some man this time and they decide they want to see everything Available! After some clever words from myself, I comprised with them; to show them all the meat i have, All on 1 cart, and they could look at what they wanted Without me having to give them my attention. They ended up not taking anything. But I was 6 minutes until I had to punch out and If they made me unwrap 1 more damn thing... I think I would have chucked a bucket of fish heads at them.

I'd like to watch that

Geez, indecisive much?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I"ll bring the cheese to go with the whine . . .

Years ago, when I worked at the little WD up the road from home, I went through a similar scenario while working closing shift in the Seafood Department.

After once or twice of having to stop closing down and get something out, I decided once I started closing - that was it.

So, the first thing I'd do when getting ready to close down for the night was to CUT OFF THE LIGHTS. Then start boxing up everything into the containers and stacking in the cooler.

Once the stuff was in the cooler - it stayed there. Anyone else that came up, too bad. I would simply explain that the department was closed.

Anyone who persisted was simply told what time the department would repopen tomorrow. Have a nice night and come back again
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X