This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already told you NO!

Kitchen shift was thrown into chaos. The supervisor basically collapsed in pain (he found out today he has stomach ulsers) which left me alone. I am no where near trained enough to run the kitchen on my own, so the manager decided to just close it for the night. He put up signs, told all the customers entering the bar, collected all the menus, and then told me to go and work on the bar.

Most customers were OK, but for some reason, the snobby students (I have a few threads complaining about them) were the ones that acted up.

Student came up to the bar.

Student: Can I order some food please?
    Me: Oh I'm sorry, unfortunately we have had to close our kitchen for the evening. But if you still want food I can give you directions to some great bars that serve food.
    Student: Never mind.

Co worker came up to me.

CW: He just asked me the exact same thing!
    Me: Maybe he thought he would get the answer he wanted.

I serve a few people, and I look. The student is there AGAIN.

Student: Can I order some food please?
    Me: I'm sorry, the kitchen is closed for the evening.
    Student: Never mind.

ANOTHER co worker comes up to me.

CW2: I just told him we weren't serving food!

I look down the bar, and yes, there the student is again, following another co worker about, only to be told we weren't serving food.

He walked down the bar, and rejoined the line AGAIN! And he was once again following me.

Student: Can I order some fo-
    Me: Ok, I have told you THREE times now that we aren't serving food.
    Student: Fine! I get the hint!

For, LO!, only the most persistent of customers shall earn the right to order food.
    All ye who fail are doomed to roam the barscape, suffering the tortures of everlasting hunger.

Ah, its been a loooong day, I feel loopy.

Anyway, WTF is up with that guy? He was probably one of those kids who follow their mom around, persistently whining, until mom gives in and he gets what he wants.
    If it worked with mom, it should work with the waitstaff, too - right?

Comment

Student: Fine! I get the hint!
      Apparently, Genius, you don't!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Where's the clue by four? WHERE?!?!?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What an idiot. Does he obviously think that asking EVERY SINGLE worker in the place will give him food? Wait...don't answer that.
          For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
          -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Maybe he thought it was only temporarily closed? He just wanted to get his order in before everyone else clambered over his prostrate-with-hunger body to place their order when the kitchen finally reopened! The tasty morsels of goodness would be HIS! HIS he tells you! HIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
            X