This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, SC!

I didn't post about this guy because his complaints (ie: ramblings) were routine, but the ultimate outcome has been very good for me.

This particular low wattage bulb had just received his first Staples Rewards Check and was using it to receive a discount of $15 on his purchases. Along with the check came a sheet of coupons. As is typical, most of the coupons are for specific products, none of which he was buying. The last is usually an online/phone order ONLY coupon, in this case $30 of your order of $150 or more (sometimes it's $20 off $100 or $15 off $75).

Moron: Hey, can I use any of these?

Me *glancing over offers*: Well, no, because you haven't purchased any of these products, and this one is phone or online only.

He launched into a fairly standard rant about how much of a "ripoff" the program is (how something that is free is a ripoff is totally beyond me) and how we only send him useless junk that he can't use, blah blah blah blah blah. If we don't send him something useful, maybe he'll just drop out of the program (apparently forgetting that he's just gotten $15 off his purchase).

I was just thinking "yeah yeah whatever, moron. Move along."

Finally he did, but not before saying "here, YOU have the stupid things!" and leaving the sheet of coupons on my counter.

Well, it just so happens that I had been plannning on buying a GPS unit, so when I got a free moment, I sniped out the $30 off $150 coupon and pocketed it. Just today, I used it to order the unit I wanted for $30 off. (regularly $250, on sale for $180, then his coupon).

This guy's short-sightedness just saves me $30. SC, I thank you!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Ha ha. SC actually did something nice. Neener.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My SC for the day, who didn't want to pay the .25 cents part of his cigarettes and walked out without paying it (taking the cigarettes with him mind you), dropped a $20 bill.
      ...watched the dvr, it was him.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
      ~Clerks

Comment

Working...
      X