This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
    That is one reason I was bored with WoW from the first day I played it. I play Eve Online and it is much much better than WoW in terms of pvp and things to do. Hell you do not have to grind to get anywhere unlike other MMOs and hell your skills train while your sleeping. ^_^
    Yeah, Blizzard perfected making the first 20 levels so ridiculously easy that anyone could pick the game up. Then by the time it grinds they don't have any previous MMO experience to help them recognize it. They're already hooked.

My main gripe with EVE was you needed a PHD to operate that convoluted interface. ;p

( Fark, time to go to work....<sob> )

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
      I'm a girl gamer too.

Final Fantasy just rocks and I play just about any decent RPG going though I do love Sims 2 as a time waster.

I miss the old days of playing my Amstrad 128k - I so spent hours playing Sid Meier's Pirates
      <3<3<3<3

I'm a TOTAL RPG freak, especially the series of Final Fantasy games. I like the ones for SNES better though, as I feel the quality of the series has diminished over time, as the graphics are beginning to overpower the storylines.

I also enjoy games like The Sims as well. I usually stick to Role-Playing Games, Life Simulation Games and Puzzle Games. I must have over 115 games in this room, it's pretty ridiculous. I couldn't imagine living life without games. Everywhere I go, my DS lite is by my side.

Only bad thing about being a female gamer? Guys. The ones who go "DO YOU SERIOUSLY PLAY GAMES?!? NO WAY!" Oh no, I've just got this DS here with 20 hours logged on Children of Mana JUST to impress YOU. Oh yeah, that's totally it.

Comment

Quoth cinnamaniac View Post
        I also enjoy games like The Sims as well. I usually stick to Role-Playing Games, Life Simulation Games and Puzzle Games. I must have over 115 games in this room, it's pretty ridiculous. I couldn't imagine living life without games. Everywhere I go, my DS lite is by my side.

Only bad thing about being a female gamer? Guys. The ones who go "DO YOU SERIOUSLY PLAY GAMES?!? NO WAY!" Oh no, I've just got this DS here with 20 hours logged on Children of Mana JUST to impress YOU. Oh yeah, that's totally it.
        I cannot leave my house without my DS Lite + its sd flash card mod for mini laptop/mp3 player goodness. It is my lifeline while I'm out in this bright, harsh place known as "outside"...curse you, Daystar.

I can't remember the last really good RPG I played though. They keep churning out sucktastic ones or even worse, the supposedly revolutionary "open-ended" ones where they just toss your nameless ass somewhere and make you find your own entertainment. Give me a storyline god damn you. ^^

Me a friend of mine are working on DS stuff. Fun system to design/code for with the touch screen. Have to work from a freeware dev kit till we have enough done to convince Nintendo to sell us a real one though. On the plus side the real dev kit is quite afforable. As is the Wii dev kit. They don't ream you and your company out the financial ass like Sony does for a dev kit. ( Seriously, PS3 dev kit is like 15 times the price of a Wii one. Gah! )

Comment

Yes! My friends keep telling me to buy the sd flash card so I don't have to spend 30 dollars on a DS game and then find out that it's horrible. It is pretty nifty, especially since you can play roms for other systems on it as well and I heard its only 40 dollars for one now. Part of me likes having the official game though, because I've purchased games that are so rare now that people are paying $100 and up for them and it's pretty cool to own rare games, but the flash card is seeming like a wise investment with the amount I spend on DS games.

It's true about RPGs too. I'm a fan of the whole main character on a journey, meets people along the way to form a party, go from place to place based on word from the townsfolk, find out you're destined to save the world, then a random plot twist is thrown in, then the final battle; basically the old school RPGs like FF 2(4) and 3(6), Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, etc.
          Now it's all about the super cool guy with the long spiky hair that has a keen fashion sense who makes all the girls swoon. Admittedly, I'll play almost any RPG and it's hard for me to dislike an RPG, but the quality of the genre definitely isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Quoth cinnamaniac View Post
            Yes! My friends keep telling me to buy the sd flash card so I don't have to spend 30 dollars on a DS game and then find out that it's horrible. It is pretty nifty, especially since you can play roms for other systems on it as well and I heard its only 40 dollars for one now. Part of me likes having the official game though, because I've purchased games that are so rare now that people are paying $100 and up for them and it's pretty cool to own rare games, but the flash card is seeming like a wise investment with the amount I spend on DS games.
            I'll buy it if its A) Something I know is quality or B) I played the rom and it was worth the money. -.-

Comment

The bf is not and never was a gamer. He tried an OSS game awhile ago, but gave it up due to "this is too complicated!" (I think he has that beef with anything open-source). Every once in awhile I'd get "you can't be a true gamer cuz you don't play WoW." (o rly?)
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Ciarrai View Post
                Maybe that only happens on Horde PvP servers, but I've found that it's best to never ask a question there unless you want to be jumped on and insulted. Is this a normal thing or did I just happen to join a bad realm? I haven't run into it as an Alliance PvE, but my character on the PvP realm has been insulted and belittled so many times that I'm contemplating deleting her.
                I haven't played in a while, but I've never run into that. Although, to be honest, I almost never ask questions, just answer them. Although I have one Alliance-side character that would answer questions rather tersely, such as if someone asked for a location that I knew was marked, I'd say, "M is for Map" or "the Map is your friend" and leave it at that.

And, of course, there is the ever-popular RTFQL, aka Read the F***ing Quest Log. I can't tell you how many times someone would ask a question, and I'd just respond with "What does it say in your Quest Log." They'd either never respond, 'cause the answer was there all along, or they'd whine that I should just tell them.

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                That is one reason I was bored with WoW from the first day I played it. I play Eve Online and it is much much better than WoW in terms of pvp and things to do. Hell you do not have to grind to get anywhere unlike other MMOs and hell your skills train while your sleeping. ^_^
                I love Eve Online (the music is gorgeous and free to download from the site), but unless you really want to invest in the upper tier game and get into a good corp, there is not a whole lot particularly interesting you can do solo. It's just too dangerous in low-sec space.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Me a friend of mine are working on DS stuff. Fun system to design/code for with the touch screen. Have to work from a freeware dev kit till we have enough done to convince Nintendo to sell us a real one though. On the plus side the real dev kit is quite afforable. As is the Wii dev kit. They don't ream you and your company out the financial ass like Sony does for a dev kit. ( Seriously, PS3 dev kit is like 15 times the price of a Wii one. Gah! )
                Yeah, Nintendo wants as many people as are interested to be developing for their platforms. They understand that it doesn't have to be from some huge gaming house to be good.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Every once in awhile I'd get "you can't be a true gamer cuz you don't play WoW." (o rly?)
                Bah. Horsepucky. Heck, a lot of people who play WoW aren't really gamers. I don't think you can seriously be considered a "gamer" unless you play at least two separate genres, and more than one game in each.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I haven't played in a while, but I've never run into that. Although, to be honest, I almost never ask questions, just answer them. Although I have one Alliance-side character that would answer questions rather tersely, such as if someone asked for a location that I knew was marked, I'd say, "M is for Map" or "the Map is your friend" and leave it at that.
                  The Internet equivalent is this:

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh, I love that site. Definitely bookmark worthy.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I never could get into many VG RPG's, yet ironiclly, I can do paper D&D with a buncha my girlfriends.

Comment

Filed for something to try when I'm not busy playing CoH/V.... (I just bought the GvsE setup last night, and it finished the update overnight)

Hmm.... would that work with me... *thinking out loud*

Andara... short skirt. Xialis... skintight leather. Baka Neko... fur, no clothes (she's a catgirl & I have 3 other catgirls). Celeste.... straps2 for pants, and tribal "paint" for a top - she looks quite trampy. Lilliula... metal and one of the freaky biological patterns for an outfit that looks like it's made of viny plants (she's fae). Skard... one of the chitin patterns, no clothes (lab accident, great backstory for her). Celestial Idol... she's a robot, all metal tones, no "clothes." I've got a host of other characters, but these are my mains and a couple of my more interestingly "attired" (should I say designed?) alts.

My favorite character to play is Celeste, 'cause she's a super-tramp, so I have a lot of fun with conversations. I bet half the people I run into think I'm some teen guy otaku with a catgirl fetish.

^-.-^
                        i got 3 catgirls on CoH/V myself, then again... i AM a guy

and girl gamers really are around, i've met many at the local internet cafe we used to have, they could kick my ass in Counter Strike

and City of Heroes/Villains, have a lot of female players.
                        Rawr

Comment

Filed for something to try when I'm not busy playing CoH/V.... (I just bought the GvsE setup last night, and it finished the update overnight)
                          Go onto Justice for your hero or Virtue for your villain. I am a member of a SG located on those servers. Look for Ruby Hawk on the hero side or Black Novalia on the villain side during the weekend afternoons and I'll see if I can get you in.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm on Virtue this time around because that's where the crew from Ars Technica have their Supergroups. My main is Andara Bledin (Aura/Archery Defender, practically useless on her own, but a huge asset on a team). I know, you'd have never guessed. My current secondary is Corrinne (Psi/Kinetics Controller - slow but eventually deadly).

^-.-^

Comment

I haven't played in a long while, and I forget which server I was on, but I used to play an android-style Fire/Dev Blaster named X-1337. I was a real exemplar of 'the best defense is a great offense'.

I could tear it up big time, especially with the targeting drone power freeing up slots for more dmg and recharge boosts.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Fire / Fire Dominator all the way from CoV's release. They still speak of me in myth and legend on the forums! Course, CoV falls flat end game and the cap was only 40 when it was first released. So I blitzed through, wrote an elaborate Dominator guide, hit 40, had nothing left to do and canceled. I know they raised the cap to 50 but there's no point in it since CoV 50's don't unlock Khelds or anything.

Plus it looks like Issue 10 is just another story update. Meh. Game desperately needs new powersets and CoV epic ATs. Not 300 meg more of friggan Ritki. Fought them enough already thanks.

But still, myth and legend! ;p

I....actually I don't remember what server I was on....Infinity? Yeah, Infinity. Though I had heroes on Virtue I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X