Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun in the paint department! Or, How to Wing It!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ree
    Even if we dry it on a swatch in the store, the lighting changes everything.
    Sounds like the old guy was trying to pull a fast one. Lucky that you caught on to him.
    And I love this color change characteristic that is wet paint. This is how I got my lavender living room. The paint looks grey in the can, and grey on the walls while its wet, but it dried to a beautiful lavender. BF never would have intentionally painted the living room purple for me. The color was called "pidgeon gray" and looked grey on the card i gave him, but next to a real grey you could tell it was more purple. I love it!!
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion
      The paint looks grey in the can, and grey on the walls while its wet, but it dried to a beautiful lavender.
      That almost sounds like the colour I picked for my hallways, only not as dark.

My husband was surprised, too, when the nice grey he thought I had picked out was a lovely soft mauve when it dried. (I knew what colour I had picked. After all, I am around paint all day long, and pass by the paint chips, so I knew exactly what I wanted.)
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

It kinds sounds like you two are being a little underhanded in your dealings with the males in your life...... Tsk, tsk, tsk....

TWO DAYS TILL VACATION! (1 week without SC's!)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester
          It kinds sounds like you two are being a little underhanded in your dealings with the males in your life...... Tsk, tsk, tsk...
          LOL!!! No, not really, but if it had been left to him, the walls would have been all white.
          The man just can't think about colours on a wall.

He was really 'iffy' on the colour I picked for the living room, but once it was on, he loved it.

Then he wanted me to do the hallway in the same colour, but I got him to compromise with the 'grey'. Once it was on, he loved that, too.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Oh, okay....if they like the color after the fact, that is not so bad.

I just know that if I was involved with someone and she painted a room in our place that was not just for her the color pink, without talking to me, or leading me to believe it would be something else, I would not be very happy at all. I really don't like the color pink, you see. At all. And it might be easy to slip by me initially, since I am partly colorblind, but if my buddies came over and said "Nice pink room," well, that would just be way uncool.

Luckily, that has not happened. Most of the girls I have been involved with would never think to try to do something like that that would drive me nuts.

They drive me nuts in other ways.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester
              It kinds sounds like you two are being a little underhanded in your dealings with the males in your life...... Tsk, tsk, tsk....

No, my bf does construction, ground up every step of the way. He ALWAYS does a patch test before committing. He was surprised when it turned purple, but agreed that it helped drown out the teal carpet (that we can't afford to replace), and looked really good.

The landlord liked it too, so we are covered. (landlord = bf's dad, so we are allowed to do things such as paint and do minor remodels)
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Personally I like a variety of themes in a house; maybe if people got to be in charge of several different rooms each, with secondary input from the other person. Hopefully my wife will just want to do the closets and crawl space
                I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Quoth Banrion
                  The paint looks grey in the can, and grey on the walls while its wet, but it dried to a beautiful lavender.
                  I went through that when I got my stairwall and upstairs hallway painted. The paint while wet was "pink", I was really nervous. After a few days of curing, it turn into the color I wanted (which was more of a tan with purple tint).

Mixed Bag, that's what I'm doing to my house. All you really need to do is make sure you have a connecting color from room to room. My bedroom is a dark blue, but my library (was a 2nd bedroom) is a bright/darken yellow. Which both color goes really nicely with brown (stain wood, leather, etc...). The hall color between them is the color that started pink
                  Last edited by LostMyMind; 08-01-2006, 02:40 PM.
                  I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
                  X